Shipping & Receiving
Shipping & Receiving Job Description:
Typical duties include: checking incoming and outgoing equipment against shipping documents for accuracy, packing goods for shipment according to specifications, unpacking of goods, cleaning of received goods, checking against bills of lading, packing slips, etc., maintaining record of equipment going out and coming in, inspecting all equipment for damage, and cleaning inventory equipment.
- Plan, organize, and monitor the receiving and outgoing equipment from vendors and customers ensuring a smooth and consistent operation.
- Monitor supply inventory and request necessary supplies weekly.
- Follow standard operating procedures for receiving, handling, and shipping outgoing equipment.
- Follow warehouse safety and security programs.
- Confer with production, sales, accounting, and purchasing, to coordinate daily shipping/receiving.
- Provide shipment tracking information to other departments as needed.
- Advise sales and billing departments of transportation charges for customers' accounts when requested.
- Document all incoming and outgoing shipments according to company policies.
- Ensure timely flow of paperwork from shipping and receiving to sales and accounting.
- Move equipment from receiving to proper locations.
- Maintain storage/dock space and shipping inventory room.
- Ensure accurate labeling for equipment placed in inventory.
- Clean all incoming and outgoing equipment received per company’s standards and policies.
- Document all incoming and outgoing items.
- High School Diploma
- Ability to handle physical workload and some heavy lifting
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Basic Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Ability to work with computer based shipping programs (Fedex/UPS)
- Ability to work on a team