Minnesota Council of Churches
Title: BUILDING SUPERINTENDENT
Employment Status: Regular, Full time, exempt
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Excellent Benefits Package!
To assume full responsibility for the operation and maintenance of all Church Center properties and grounds, keeping them in a condition of excellence for full use by the tenants and endorsed events. Responsible for the planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and controlling all aspects of the day-to-day operations of facilities for the Minnesota Church Center. Performing such maintenance and repairs as may be required in a timely manner.
Buildings and Grounds:
1. Perform the preventative maintenance, repairs, cleaning and upkeep of all facilities.
2. Responsible for the efficiency and proper operation of the heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and all other mechanical systems.
3. Responsible for the overall security and safety of the facilities and grounds.
4. Maintain a continuous program of inspections so that the facilities stay within all codes and safety requirements.
5. Work with the Chief Operating Officer on initiating and implementing an adequate current and long-range program for operation and maintenance of the facilities and grounds.
6. Prepare specifications and plans for contracts and for supplies, materials, and equipment used for operation and maintenance of the facilities and grounds.
7. Review plans and specifications prepared by architects and engineers with the Chief Operating Officer and the Finance and Facilities Commission. Inspect and supervise repairs, alterations, improvements, and any new construction.
1. Supervise and direct all custodial and maintenance staff, and/or vendors in the routine cleaning setups and maintenance of the buildings and grounds.
2. Provide leadership, training, evaluations, and staff development by instructing employees in their duties and procedures for assigned work projects and/or vendors, as appropriate.
3. Monitor employee’s time sheets, vacation and sick leave requests, and verifies accuracy.
4. Responsible for interviewing and hiring of all new custodial and maintenance staff/vendors.
5. Responsible for the coordinating and supervising of all volunteers that work with any and all aspects of the facilities.
1. Prepare budget estimates on items pertaining to the facilities and grounds.
2. Maintain and oversee the Minnesota Church Center and grounds expenditures.
3. Maintain records such as inventories, cost analysis, etc. for all budgets involved in this job description; submit such reports as requested by Chief Operating Officer.
1. Responsible for scheduling of building and maintaining records for all events that occur at the Minnesota Church Center.
1. Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer.
The Building Superintendent reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
And works in cooperation with all staff and volunteers who use the Church Center facilities.
Performance reviews and evaluations will be conducted annually by the Chief Operating Officer of the Minnesota Council of Churches.
Demonstrated mechanical ability - basic plumbing, electrical and carpentry.
Class 1C Boiler's License Required
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with buildings and grounds maintenance programs, repairs, cleaning practices, supplies, equipment, tools, and skilled trades.
- State boilers license required (minimum First Class C, Chief preferred)
- Ability to supervise and engage building staff team.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Must be safety conscious
- Able to lift 50+ pounds
- Able to work on a ladder
- Sensitivity to the constituency of the Church Center, including diverse religious and ethnic backgrounds
- Post high school education/training preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
Normal office conditions with some outside work. Normal office hours with some on-call weekends. This position works out of MC’s office at 122 West Franklin Avenue in Minneapolis.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time, exempt position. Benefits include employer-paid medical insurance, dental insurance.life/ADD/long-term disability insurance; 12% employer contribution to retirement plan; annual leave of 20 days vacation + 12 days sick leave + 11.5 holidays.
Starting salary is $64,000-80,000.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
APPLICATION FORM AVAILABLE AT
SUBMIT COMPLETED APPLICATION, RESUME, COVER TO
Minnesota Council of Churches * 122 West Franklin Ave #100 * Minneapolis MN 55404
Phone: 612-230-3204 * FAX: 612-870-3622 * firstname.lastname@example.org
The Minnesota Council of Churches is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer