Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
MEDICARE GOVERNMENT PROGRAMS MANAGER
Work Location: Work from Home or Office for Your Day
The health and safety of our employees, members, providers, and our community is our highest priority. Therefore, all new employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting at UCare, subject to limited exceptions such as for a sincerely held religious belief or for medical reasons.
As the Federal Government Relations Manager, you will be responsible to manage the Federal Government Relations team. Oversee and lead all contract oversight activities for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) contracts. You will oversee regulatory and contract communications with CMS; communication of Medicare Advantage, Part D, Special Needs Plan (SNP) and Medicare Supplement (Med Supp) regulatory changes; and CMS applications for Medicare Advantage, Part D, and SNPs. Provide guidance to internal departments on the analysis of federal requirements and regulatory communications related to Medicare Advantage plans, Part D, SNPs and Med Supp. In addition, provide expertise as internal departments operationalize regulatory requirements. Serve a key role in product strategy recommendations for Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement products.
• Oversee and manage contracts with CMS for Medicare Advantage, Part D, and SNPs.
• Serve as the primary liaison to CMS for program administration and regulatory
• oversight of Medicare Advantage, Part D, SNPs, and Med Supp Serve with the GR commercial team as liaison to Minnesota Department of Commerce for Med Supp.
• Oversee analysis and communications of CMS contractual, regulatory, and policy information to internal departments. Collect and prioritize incoming regulatory and policy information, including information from CMS, the Health Plan Management System (HPMS), the Federal Register, and trade associations. Proactively identify impact(s) on Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement products. As identified, communicate with key departments and/or coordinate applicable response(s) or operational implementation. Collect and analyze federal health reform regulation and policy. Communicate proposed and final rules, requirements, and policies to staff and internal committees.
• Oversee CMS new and expansion applications for Medicare Advantage, Part D, and SNPs.
• Participate in meetings with trade associations and CMS and provide policy analysis of proposed rules and other potential regulatory/legislative changes. Facilitate meetings to gather UCare's policy positions and inform trade associations.
• Provide leadership and represent UCare at internal and external activities relating to federal government programs.
• Develop and manage the Federal Team. Includes setting team standards and goals, managing team members' performance and setting internal training schedules.
• Lead development of new, and revisions to existing, department policies and procedures owned by the Federal Team.
• Provide assistance to the Director on strategic and department planning.
• Monitor critical state and federal program issues affecting the department and program administration. Monitor operational implementation of federal requirements. Work with Corporate Compliance to assess risk and auditing of federal regulations and requirements.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree; demonstrated experience in the health care industry may be considered in lieu of degree.
At least five years' experience in a health care delivery setting (i.e., managed care organization, regulatory agency, or health insurance). Comprehensive knowledge of Medicare, including government regulations. At least two years supervisory experience.
Knowledge of Medicaid managed care. Knowledge of Medicare Supplement products.
Project management experience.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 09/07/2022