$5000 Sign On Bonus!
They say variety is the spice of life. That is what we offer as a Respiratory Therapist at Hutchinson Health, variety. We are seeking a full-time Respiratory Therapist to provide respiratory services to patients of all ages with varied cardiopulmonary disorders. Our Respiratory Therapy staff are respected members of our health care team. This position will be responsible for administering all modes of respiratory care as well as other cardiopulmonary services to all ranges, infants to adults. Modalities include but are not limited to oxygen administration, nebulizer treatment, postural drainage and percussion, ventilator management, CPAP/BIPAP, pulmonary function testing, EKGs and other specialized diagnostic studies. This full-time position will be scheduled for a variety of day and evening shifts including every 4th weekend and overnight call. Clinical background in Respiratory care preferred. Current MN license required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs diagnostic testing per hospital policy, e.g.: ABG, EEG, PFT, EKG and Stress Tests.
- Provides and monitors therapeutic administration of medical gases, aerosols, humidification and pharmacological agents related to respiratory care procedures in accordance with hospital policy.
- Completes charge procedure per service area guidelines. If coincides with documentation, to be done at time of delivery of treatment.
- Completes all treatment and therapeutic application documentation prior to end of shift.
- Assures adequate levels of inventory for supplies and equipment.
- Provides instruction/education to patients and families for understanding purpose and procedure of treatment received diseases of the cardiopulmonary system and prevention and alleviation of deficiencies.
- Participates in quality improvement projects as assigned.
- Interdisciplinary team member in providing patient care.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- CRT or RRT, or certification eligible is preferred. Licensure with Minnesota Board of Medical Practice – Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP), eligible for licensure or temporary licensure is preferred.
- Proof of education in the form of diploma or the transcripts that document degree.
- Current CPR certification required
- ACLS, NRP, PALS certification required. If not certified at time of hire, will have one year from start date to complete.