2nd Shift Mechanic Supervisor - Up to $80,000 starting salary!
- Walters Recycling and Refuse
- Blaine, Minnesota
- Sep 09, 2022
- Oct 09, 2022
- Automotive, Construction, Drivers / Transportation, Energy / Utilities, Engineering, Facilities, Labor / Trades, Manufacturing / Production, Other, Technicians
- Job Type
- Employment Status
- Full Time
2nd Shift Mechanic Supervisor DESCRIPTION
Walters Recycling & Refuse is currently hiring for a 2nd Shift Mechanic Supervisor
2nd Shift/Hours: 3 pm – 12 am Monday - Friday
Up to $80,000 starting salary
Walters Recycling and Refuse, Inc. is a leading provider of waste collection and recycling services to both the public and private sectors in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. We are a family-owned and operated business started in 1988 with a fleet of over 100 diesel and compressed natural gas (CNG) powered trucks and equipment and provide over 100,000 services per week.
About the role:
As a 2nd Shift Supervisor, you will provide supervision and leadership to the 2nd shift team of Diesel Mechanics and preventive maintenance technicians while providing outstanding service to our customers, both internal and external. This position provides direct supervision to approximately 6- 8 employees who are responsible for the preventative maintenance and repair of our fleet of vehicles including types of garbage trucks, tractors and trailers, and heavy equipment.
- Keep work area clean and safe and always adhere to all safety policies.
- Triage daily DVIR write ups and assign to the team based on their experience and qualifications
- Inventory control
- Ensure the team on 2nd shift is adhering to the schedule provided to them. Make adjustments as needed based on skill level and experience.
- Work hard to ensure that all preventive, corrective and routine maintenance items on the nightly schedule are completed, or otherwise noted into our CMMS
- Inspect work orders for accuracy
- Provide assistance to the mechanics as needed
- Monitor, report on, and make recommendations to improve shop performance, procedures, or productivity to the Fleet Operations Manager
- Maintain advanced knowledge of engine, emission systems, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical systems to manage advanced preventative and repair maintenance functions of our equipment. This includes Electronic diagnostics systems, Engine chassis repair and maintenance, hydraulics and electrical systems; knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems, and minor welding as needed.
- Anticipate business needs and plan accordingly to ensure that equipment, employee, and fiscal resources are utilized in the most efficient manner
- Promote our Total Process Reliability (TPR) program and all of its processes.
- Diesel Mechanic experience and aptitude
- Leadership experience
- Class A or B CDL Preferred or will work with Walters to obtain.
- Computer savvy – Dossier or other CMMS experience, Microsoft Office
- Prior safety champion experience preferred
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Walters offers competitive benefits packages including:
- Competitive wages - Based on Experience
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- EAP-Employee Assistance Program
- HSA Employer Contributions
- Company Paid: Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Benefits; Additional Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accidental
- Legalshield/ID Shield
- 401K with Employer Match
- Personal Time Off
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Free Trash pick up within our Service area
- Competitive tool reimbursement program
- Paid company uniforms
- Annual work boot allowance
- All PPE provided
Walters Recycling and Refuse Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
OPEN DATE 9/7/2022
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.