Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services—because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.” Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.
Why CommonBond Communities?
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- A chance to make a difference in the community!
- Ongoing training and professional development
CommonBond Communities invites qualified applicants to apply for the Finance & Analysis Intern position at our Central Office in Saint Paul. The Finance & Analysis Internship is a temporary, part-time position through August 2023. This position will assist the Finance Team with analysis, auditing, and reporting of internal accounting data, working closely with the Supply Chain Director and Business Data Financial Analysis Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ASSOCIATED TASKS
Auditing vendor and accounts payable data.
- Analyze property expenses to identify vendors or expenses to prioritize for auditing, opportunities for economies of scale, and potential for business process improvements.
- Review contracts, invoices, and ledgers to identify inconsistencies.
- Develop plans for hard savings and cost avoidance.
Supply chain analysis and contract management.
- Identify supply chain issues and their scope.
- Create a timeline of existing contracts and their expirations.
- Develop policies and procedures for planning, management, and prioritization of contract and supply chain work.
Data analysis and visualization for financial and business reporting.
- Collaborate across teams to identify requirements for reporting.
- Use an Agile approach to prioritize the work and provide deliverables to customers.
- Perform data cleaning and data validation to ensure proper reporting.
- Create data visualizations to assist in data-driven decision making.
- Establish a process to provide reporting and ensure proper data storage and organization.
- Get hands-on experiences working with accounting data.
- Learn vendor relations and contract management best practices.
- Understand data structures and organization best practices.
- Practice developing data visualizations.
- Develop technical analysis skills using tools like Power BI, Excel, ArcGIS, and/or SQL programming.
- Practice managing competing priorities.
- Working as a team with stakeholders across CommonBond Communities.
- Working in a flexible/hybrid office environment.
- Pursuing a degree in accounting, finance, business, or another related subject
- At least 2 years of college-level courses completed
- Experience with Excel
- Detail oriented
- Analytical thinking
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, and communication skills
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to type data into a computer
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Ability to complete light filing