Property Management Trainer
The primary responsibility is to assist in designing, implementing, coordinating and the assessment of property management training programs for all new and current staff, as well as change initiatives within property management. Developing property management staff with skills, confidence and performance practices that will set them up for success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ASSOCIATED TASKS
- Conducts training sessions including, new employee training, seminars, workshops, individual training, and support and mentoring of property management employees.
- Conducts training programs and session in such a way to stimulate and motivate attendees.
- Assists in the development of an effective training curriculum.
- Assists in writing and developing training aids such as training handouts, handbooks, and guides.
- Assist in updating the property management operation manual as well as assisting in making sure that relevant information is updated regularly.
- Assist in evolving training to meet/exceed organizational development, company bench marks, and overall performance of property management site staff.
- Helps to develop and implement a means of assuring the effectiveness of the training program through testing, evaluation, surveys, and other means necessary, and adjust training in accordance.
- Maintains a library of training materials accumulated as training programs are developed and evolve.
- Works with Regional Managers, Portfolio Team Mangers, and Directors on content of the training to ensure site staff are getting relevant training to be successful in their jobs.
- Works with Regional Managers & Portfolio Team Managers to assess needs for additional training with regard to performance issues of site property management staff.
- Coordinates with Yardi Administrator to maximize Yardi capabilities in all work processes, and demonstrates a clear understand and accurate use of Yardi software.
- Assist in creating supplemental training sessions for CommonBond University.
- Coordinates with administrator for CommonBond University to add and update courses.
- Coordinates with other departments within CommonBond to collaborate on and incorporates essential items from supporting departments into the property management training. Including asking other departments to present in training sessions.
- Works with Human Resources to determine when new site staff are on boarding.
- Effectively communicates training schedule to attendees, supervisors, and others as needed.
- Monitors attendance as appropriate.
- Facilitates logistical details times, dates, and locations of training. Schedules and physically prepares training location.
- Suggests improvements in department specific work procedures as well as how department work integrates into other departments.
- Stay abreast of federal, state, and local compliance –related regulations.
- Stay abreast of Fair Housing Law and any changes.
- Sustain positive and productive CommonBond working relationships, to support accurate and timely application of new information, productive problem solving and new approaches to challenges for staff.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of government subsidy programs
- 5 Years Property Management experience
- Working knowledge of Yardi
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Excel
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent skills in presentation and public speaking.
- Experience in training and mentoring.
- Willingness to keep abreast of needs in adjusting training.
- Great organizational and time management stills.
- Willingness to continue to learn and keep on top of changes in federal, state and local compliance rules, as well as Fair Housing Law.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience in property management, business or real
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to sit for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Ability to type.
- Walking and stair climbing.
- Quite to moderate noise level
- Overtime as necessary.
- Smoke Free work environment.