Human Resources Business Partner and Compensation Analyst
Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services—because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.” Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.
CommonBond invites qualified applicants to apply for a full-time Human Resources Business Partner located in our Central Office in St. Paul, MN. The HR Business Partner performs professional-level responsibilities in support of the Human Resources function, serves a client group within the organization, and performs duties in all department functional areas, including employee relations, unemployment, investigations, leaves, training, policy development, and performance management.
The HR Business Partner is a subject matter expert in employee compensation and also provides leadership, representation at professional association meetings, committee management, program development, staying abreast of and communicating regulatory changes, and developing best practices to the HR Team.
Why CommonBond Communities?:
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- A chance to make a difference in the community!
- Ongoing training and professional development
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ASSOCIATED TASKS
Administers various human resources policies and procedures for all company personnel; assists in developing and implementing personnel policies and procedures.
- Fields inquiries from employees regarding policy and procedure, and responds as necessary.
- Ensures all employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints are communicated to the HR Director.
- Conducts grievance and harassment investigations as appropriate.
- Provides assistance to supervisors i
- Drafts/revise HR policy and procedure. Takes initiative to develop new policies as appropriate.
- Participates in developing and achieving department goals, objectives, and systems.
Administers leave of absence policies and processes.
- Receives and responds to employee and supervisor inquiries regarding LOA policies and processes.
- Processes leave cases including managing the case through each stage of the process from classifying the leave type through the return to work process.
- Verify eligibility, monitor maximum duration of leave allowed, support return to work process, and update involved parties.
- Counsel employees and supervisors on leave policies and processes.
- Coordinate FMLA, ADA, and workers’ compensation as needed.
- Coordinates with payroll and other human resources members to facilitate updating compensation, benefits, and leave status.
Monitors and respond to communications for Unemployment Insurance.
- Oversee processing of paperwork for the CommonBond Housing Unemployment Insurance
- Responds to UI questionnaires as requested.
- Review Benefits Paid charges by calendar year and quarterly summaries and respond as needed to ensure accuracy.
- Raise eligibility issues, file appeals, and maintain pending appeals as needed.
- Act as liaison between CommonBond Housing and state agencies including participating in scheduled hearings.
Responsible for specific HR Department duties and projects.
- Conducts exit interviews as needed.
- Chairs organizational committees as assigned by the Human Resources Director.
- Participates in human resources meetings, and benefits committee meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Provides support and maintenance of information in UKG. Maintains data integrity in systems and runs reports as needed.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to improve the efficiency of the department and services performed.
Administers the Compensation Program
- Participates in developing the Compensation program for CommonBond.
- Develops salary ranges and accurate job descriptions for all CommonBond positions.
- Provides support and maintenance of information in UKG. Maintains data integrity in systems and run reports as needed.
- Ensures job descriptions accurately reflect current CommonBond positions.
- Ensures data integrity within the PayFactors System.
Provides regular recognition of co-workers.
Assists with other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR/Industrial Relations, Business, or another similarly related field, plus five years experience in human resources.
- Superior ability and application of windows-based software and use of MS Office software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; proven ability to coach employees and management through difficult emotional issues
- Proven ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve issues by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, regulations, and the law.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational and detail orientation skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively multi-task
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds
- Ability to type information into a computer
This job description is intended to provide information essential to understanding the scope of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of skills, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated