Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
Work Location: Work from home or Office for Your Day
The health and safety of our employees, members, providers, and our community is our highest priority. Therefore, all new employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting at UCare, subject to limited exceptions such as for a sincerely held religious belief or for medical reasons.
This position is responsible to support member health by collaborating with Care Coordinators, providers, and members to assist with preventive care and other services. Focus on member medical, environmental and psycho-social needs by providing access to preventive care, current care/service needs, and long term wellness.
• Respond to member calls and inquiries and assist as able or triage to appropriate access points in MH & SUDS or other departments within UCare.
• Complete timely outreach attempts to members, as assigned, and schedule Health Risk Assessments on behalf of the Care Coordinators to comply with DHS and CMS contractual obligations.
• Assist Care Coordinators with member Transitions of Care, as directed.
• Assist member to establish and maintain a Primary Care Clinic by encouraging and explaining the benefit of preventative and ongoing health care. Promote access to and completion of preventive care services.
• Serve as first point of contact for member within the SNBC Care Coordination team and coordinate referrals within UCare departments and external agencies.
• Assist members with accessing appropriate care coordination services.
• Educate members on health and wellness programs and make referrals as appropriate.
• Document member related items timely and accurately in Guiding Care or other designated systems.
• Respond timely to Care Navigator work queue requests.
• Ensure timely entry of information into MMIS to comply with contractual obligations.
• Collaborate with supervisor on quality improvement projects/planning as appropriate.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. One year post-secondary education with a focus on health, social service, psychology or related coursework is preferred.
Two years experience in a community health setting with an in-depth knowledge of medical terminology and the ability to interpret health information.
LPN preferred with current unrestricted Minnesota license. Experience working with state and federally funded programs. Experience working for a health maintenance organization (HMO) serving members with Medicaid coverage preferred. Experience in working with culturally diverse and underserved populations. Strong customer service skills.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 09/13/2022