Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
Work Location: Office for Your Day
The health and safety of our employees, members, providers, and our community is our highest priority. Therefore, all new employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting at UCare, subject to limited exceptions such as for a sincerely held religious belief or for medical reasons.
This position is responsible to respond to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) to support efforts in retaining and expanding UCare's business. Compose accurate and persuasive response to RFP questions through original writing, editing or existing content, and collaboration with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) throughout the organization. Provide project management support to track and report on progress for all RFP requirements. Support all phases of the process, including editing, proofreading, and proposal assembly. Play an active role in developing and updating the content library.
• Analyze Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and related documents to understand the requirements and identify all tasks needed for completion.
• Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) throughout the organization to develop content needed to respond to RFP questions.
• Develop complete and accurate responses to RFP questions that are in alignment with UCare's defined proposal strategy and UCare's specified writing standards.
• Support the development of a proposal content database to be used during the RFP process. Support the ongoing maintenance of the database by ensuring yearly updates of the content, ad hoc as needed.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with key business leaders, stakeholders and SMEs to help develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships during the RFP proposal process.
• Maintain internal and external deadlines for delivering quality work.
• Provide assistance as needed with editing, proofreading, proposal assembly, quality assurance, and other proposal functions.
• Support project management through document control, assignment tracking, and reporting on progress.
• Develop content and other documents to support business development opportunities.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in English, communications, marketing, healthcare, administration, or a closely related field; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of experience.
Three years of experience in proposal writing with a specific focus on healthcare. Demonstrated proficiency in expository and persuasive writing in deadline-driven environment.
Medicaid experience within a health plan. Knowledge of state and federal health care programs.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 09/14/2022