Position Information Position Title
Accounting Unit Supervisor / Payroll Supervisor Division
Finance & Administration Department/Office
Position Summary Information Advertisement
St. Catherine University invites applications for the Accounting Unit Supervisor / Payroll Supervisor
in the Finance & Administration Department.
Our department is an agile and diverse environment and provides all administrative support for financial matters for the university, including budgeting, financial analysis, reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax reporting and grant monitoring. Day to day responsibilities include:
- Monitor the Wells Fargo bank accounts for the University on a daily basis, reconciling and recording activity.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies, procedures and external regulations.
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual procedures to produce complete and accurate monthly and annual financial reports.
- Act as the key point of contact for system upgrades related to payroll and automation as opportunities become available.
- Supervise a Payroll Specialist and the Payroll function. This includes:
- verifying payroll and check preparation
- setting up annual benefit deductions
- paying and reconciling payroll taxes
- reconciling payroll data to W-2 data
- assisting the Payroll Specialist during peak transaction periods.
- Prepare audit work papers for the annual audit, 403(b) audit and the workers' compensation audit as needed.
- Collaborate with auditors, vendors and University staff and faculty on a variety of topics.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation's largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree
- Five (5) years of accounting experience
- Experience supervising and training subordinates
- Proficiency with computers and the ability to understand and use multiple software systems in the work environment.
- Accuracy in 10-key by touch, web entry and verification of reports
- Experience in identifying accounting issues and applying the proper judgment
- Ability to prioritize work duties, delegate appropriate tasks and meet deadlines
- Close attention to detail
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.EEO Statement
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 651-690-6565.Application instructions for STAFF
Visit St. Kate Careers
to apply. Three references and successful completion of a background check will be required for employment. For information, contact email@example.com
Given the way campus life inherently puts people in close proximity to each other, including residence and dining halls, classrooms, and gatherings, the University has determined that a vaccination requirement is the best way to keep our community safe and prevent potential outbreaks as we return to more regular, in-person operations. St. Catherine University is requiring all students, faculty (including adjuncts contracted for the fall semester and beyond), staff, and residents age 12 and older to complete their COVID -19 vaccination series, including a booster, unless the University approves a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation/exemption as required by applicable law. New employees must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exemption/accommodation before beginning work. For more information, visit stkate.edu/coronavirus-info/vaccine
.St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- * For any education beyond high school, please list the degree or certification and the area of focus.
(Open Ended Question)
- * St. Kate's is committed to making Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a Culture of Inclusive Excellence” as one of six priorities in the strategic plan. Give a specific example of how you have promoted a culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion in your current or recent role(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- * Given the way campus life inherently puts people in close proximity to each other, including residence and dining halls, classrooms, and gatherings, the University has determined that a vaccination requirement is the best way to keep our community safe and prevent potential outbreaks as we return to more regular, in-person operations. St. Catherine University is requiring all students, faculty (including adjuncts contracted for the fall semester and beyond), staff, and residents age 12 and older to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series, including booster, unless the University approves a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation / exemption as required by applicable law. New employees must submit vaccination and booster documentation or be approved for an exemption/accommodation before beginning work. For more information, visit stkate.edu/coronavirus-info/vaccine. We include this information to ensure that candidates are aware of and acknowledge understanding of the new requirement.
- I have read and understand the requirement.
- * Are you presently legally authorized to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates who are authorized to work in the United States.
- * St. Catherine University welcomes applications from candidates who are traditionally under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please be aware that we do not offer employment visa sponsorship. Will you now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- * How did you hear about this opportunity?
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee
- Academic Jobs
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of Catholic Colleges/Universities
- Association of Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook on Education Magazine
- Inside Higher Ed
- Insight Into Diversity
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- LGBTQ in Higher Education
- Minnesota College Professionals Association
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Jobs
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE)
- People of Color in Higher Education
- Pioneer Press
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce (SPACC)
- Star Tribune
- Twin Cities Senior Student Affairs Officers listserv
- Women in Higher Education
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1