LDRP Overview Video
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. And the only constant in retail? Change. Our business is constantly evolving, using big ideas to solve complex problems.
The Leadership Development Rotational Program
is a 2-year rotational program and development curriculum designed to provide a set of experiences to build enterprise empathy by learning in business functions outside the traditional career path, developing cross functional influence by driving meaningful outcomes, and deepening leadership experiences to accelerate the development of future leaders. Within this program, your experiences could span within many different areas of Finance, Merchandising, and Stores.
The retail landscape is evolving and Target is an industry leader through the development of its team members. Within the Leadership Development Rotational Program - Finance and Business Planning track
, you will gain broad exposure with a focus on driving business decisions through deep data analysis, understanding the broader business context and storytelling to help Target make strong decisions for our P+L. Your 2-year experience will involve:
A rotational experience that
will align you to a pressing business challenge to solve. Rotations will push you to develop business empathy, cross-functional influence, long-term strategy development and team leadership skills. Rotations in this track could include but not limited to:
- Planning (Merchandising): sharpen financial acumen to impact the P+L
- Finance (FP&A): strategically influence the P&L through an independent, analytical viewpoint. Areas could include areas like Marketing, Operations, or Merchandising Finance.
- Stores Leadership: experience large team leadership and operational excellence (in store experience)
Team placement to apply learnings from your rotations and drive outstanding results. This placement could be as a:
- Sr Manager, Merch Finance
- Sr Merchandise Planner
At the end of the program, our goal is to help accelerate your move to the next level of leadership roles at Target.
As a program member in this program you will:
- In each rotation, co-lead work to strategically deliver value across multiple departments through teamwork, communication, problem solving and planning.
- Immerse yourself in rotational areas to learn the business function and gain a true enterprise perspective.
- Using your strategic problem-solving skills, you will drive process improvements and identify business risks and opportunities based on financial and operational performance.
- Interpret financial and operational performance to identify business risks and opportunities. You'll do this by creating financial tools to streamline decision making, partnering with internal clients to develop long range goals, annual budgets and monthly forecasts
- Interpret forecast results and conduct "what if?' analysis to guide your go-forward recommendations. Run event forecast creation and flow, analyzing item lifecycles and driving recommendation on end-of-season management.
- Identify and quantify value creation opportunities to pursue
- Evaluate strategic initiatives or business opportunities while coordinating cross-functional reviews and supports both new and on-going initiatives.
Outside of your day-to-day, you will be immersed in a development curriculum with your cohort peers that would enable you to be a successful and inclusive leader at Target. Development highlights include:
- Formal onboarding and training as a cohort
- Strong leadership engagement that allows you to receive sponsorship and mentorship
- Personalize your career experience for your career aspirations
- Completed MBA or currently enrolled in final year of a MBA program with program concentrations in finance, economics, management and strategy strongly preferred
- 4-6+ years of work experience prior to gaining MBA
- Strong analytical, decision-making, project management and organizational skills
- Outstanding communication and relationship-building aptitude with the ability to empathize with peers and partners
- Creative problem-solving and risk-taking skills
- Superior leadership skills with enthusiasm, initiative and a passion for results
- Desire to build a multi-disciplinary career
- Flexibility, resiliency and nimbleness; comfortable working in 'grey areas' that are constantly changing
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
The salary range is $85,400-$153,700.
Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.