LDRP Overview Video
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. And the only constant in retail? Change. Our business is constantly evolving, using big ideas to solve complex problems.
The Leadership Development Rotational Program
is a 2-year rotational program and development curriculum designed to provide a set of experiences to build enterprise empathy by learning in business functions outside the traditional career path, developing cross functional influence by driving meaningful outcomes, and deepening leadership experiences to accelerate the development of future leaders. Within this program, your experiences could span areas like Merchandising, Finance, Sourcing or Stores.
The retail landscape is evolving and Target is an industry leader through the development of its team members. Within in the Leadership Development Rotational Program - Merchandise and Product Assortment track, you will gain skills to lead teams in developing and executing guest-centric end-to-end product strategies that are backed with external market/trend and financial considerations and knowledge. Your 2-year experience will involve:
A rotational experience that
will align you to a pressing business challenge to solve. Rotations will push you to develop cross-functional influence, long-term strategy development and large team leadership skills. Rotations in this track could include but are limited
- Merchandise Buying: grow product and guest empathy
- Financial Planning: sharpen financial acumen to impact the P+L
- Stores Leadership: experience large team leadership and operational excellence
Team placement to apply learnings from your rotations. This placement could be as a Sr Buyer.
At the end of the program, our goal is to help accelerate your move to the next level of leadership roles at Target
As a program member you will:
- Co-lead work to strategically deliver value across multiple departments through teamwork, communication, problem solving and planning.
- Immerse yourself in rotational areas to learn the business function and gain a true enterprise perspective.
- Create omni-channel growth by planning profitable and locally relevant assortments using your grasp of guest and shopping behavior, assortment requirements and competitors. Demonstrate flexibility in reacting to business results and your ability to translate financial metrics and data into actionable strategies will be critical.
- Drive category results while managing progress toward sales and margin goals.
- Lead cross-functional teams to drive category results while managing progress toward sales and margin goals. You will interact with Associate Buyers, Senior Merchandise Specialists, the Pricing and Promotion Center of Excellence, Planning, Site Merchandising, the Item Center of Excellence and many other expert partners in support of your promotional planning work across channels.
- Lead partnerships with product designers and/or category managers and vendors to help guide product development as you source appropriately for your category.
- Develop negotiation on strategies and partnerships which support Target's business initiatives and align with the integrity of the Target brand. You will identify, analyze and assess vendor profitability in regards to cost negotiations, leveraging, compliance, vendor income and supply chain impact.
Outside of your day-to-day, you will be immersed in a development curriculum with your cohort peers that would enable you to be a successful and inclusive leader at Target. Development highlights include:
- Formal onboarding and training as a cohort
- Strong leadership engagement that allows you to receive sponsorship and mentorship
- Personalize your career experience that is suitable for your career aspirations
- Completed MBA or currently enrolled in final year of a MBA program with concentrations in marketing, brand management and strategy strongly preferred
- 4-6+ years of previous work experience prior to gaining MBA
- Strong strategic, analytical and decision-making skills to grow a business
- Outstanding collaboration and relationship-building aptitude with internal and external stakeholders. Ability to empathize with peers and partners
- Ability to prioritize among competing deliverables and collaborate with and influence a broad group of partners and stakeholders
- Superior leadership skills with enthusiasm, initiative and a passion for results
- Flexibility, resiliency and nimbleness; comfortable working in 'grey areas' that are constantly changing.
- Demonstrates a growth-mindset and curiosity
- Desire to build a multi-disciplinary career
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
The salary range is $85,400-$153,700.
Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.