As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Tech is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As a Supply Chain UI Android Engineer, you will work on our exciting Supply Chain Mobile app called "maestro." The maestro app is used by team members in Warehouses to direct workflow for replenishment and fulfillment functions. These include moving inventory between trailers and storage, adjusting inventory of an item, auditing items to ensure inventory accuracy and packing items to be sent directly to guests and stores.
The maestro app needs to be performant so team members can do their job efficiently so inventory arrives to the store, guest or another warehouse when it is needed. The application must be easy to use, accessible and provide event tracking to be able to identify how our app is being used. We do this all on a native Android application, on a device we control, leveraging numerous Enterprise systems and APIs to provide rich data through a consistent and user-first designed interface. Our team is diverse and inclusive, remote and local, with things to learn and experiences to share.
As a Senior Engineer on the Supply Chain Mobile UI team you will:
Participate in the planning and scale of work, designing and preparing the stories. You'll have influence over the direction of the team and get to help others learn and develop their software skills. You'll partner with the engineers and Product Managers to help ensure software quality is a first-class citizen in our process. You'll be encouraged to continue to build your knowledge and skillset through our 50 days of learning initiative.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
• 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of software development experience
• 3+ years of experience developing apps for Android
• Experience developing in Kotlin
• Demonstrates strong domain-specific knowledge regarding Target's technology capabilities, and key competitors' products and differentiating features
• Designs new testing methods and resolves routine and non-routine technical issues with minimal assistance
• Demonstrates strong proficiency in core development platforms within own domain
• Builds strong commitment within the team to support the appropriate team priorities
• Clearly communicates Agile concepts to partners within product team
• Demonstrates a solid understanding of the impact of own work on the team and/or guests
• Writes and organizes code using multiple computer languages, including distributed programming and understand different frameworks and paradigm
• Delivers high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables with broad impact (high throughput and low latency)
• Influences and applies data standards, policies, and procedures
• Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
• Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
The salary range is $81,400-$146,500
Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.