Description: Join us as a Senior Engineer
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation - and right now, we are up to big things.
We are looking for highly motivated software engineering professionals who can help us advanced our Digital Marketing strategy for Target. You will be able to put your skills, experience and passion to build a platform that will have direct impact on millions of Target Guests and Vendor partners and significant revenue driver for Target. You will get an opportunity to build an engineering solution for delivering personalized messages to guests across multiple channels including web, emails, and other social channels. Be part of a team that is not only utilizing cutting edge technologies but also driving topline growth for Target.In-Store Marketing System (Rubix)
is a tool which centralizes both internal & external users to plan, build, standardize and produce in-store signs. Rubix provides a source of truth for sign data while improving collaboration and workflow of sign creation. It builds upon work done with Signing Reimagined to drive consistency & clarity of signs for our guests by integrating with modernized tools across the enterprise. Rubix enable's Retail Brand Experience teams to work efficiently to create Blueprints, projects, milestones, signs and kit the signs together to deliver to print vendors and ensures signs are shipped to stores on time and improve downstream execution by reducing process complexity and minimize overproduction of signs. This system allows teams to collaborate easily to achieve milestones and will drive adherence to on-time execution so that stores are able to set signs on-time and every time. Key Responsibilities:
- Work well with other engineers and partners to ensure development meets business needs.
- Understanding of data models with sources from different data systems including relational database and conceptual understanding of at least one NoSQL storage.
- Research and proof-of-concept initiatives in new and emerging technology spaces.
- Drive evaluation and learn new tools and technologies to keep technology stack modern as needed for the Product solution.
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrates strong domain-specific knowledge regarding Target's technology capabilities, and key competitors' products and differentiating features
- Working knowledge on package-specific configuration and deployment along with ability to build custom solutions
- Designs new testing methods and resolves routine and non-routine technical issues with minimal assistance
- Demonstrates strong proficiency in core development platforms within own domain
- Builds strong commitment within the team to support the appropriate team priorities
- Clearly communicates Agile concepts to partners within product teams
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the impact of own work on the team and/or guests
- Writes and organizes code using multiple computer languages, including distributed programming and understand different frameworks and paradigm
- Delivers high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables with broad impact (high throughput and low latency)
- Influences and applies data standards, policies, and procedures
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Experience & hands on developing Rest API using Java , Spring & Spring Boot
- Experience & hands on Kotlin developing Rest API using Spring Boot (Nice to Have)
- Experience with any messaging systems Kafka (Preferred)
- Experience with Elastic Search
- Experience & hands on with any NoSQL database Mongo DB (Preferred), Cassandra
- Good understanding of CICD pipeline (Git, Docker, Gradle/Maven)
- Strong problem solving and thought partnership skills
- Experience in building highly scalable distributed systems
- Team attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Working with test-driven development and software test automation
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.