Description: About us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop-in stores or on Target.com-we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we're looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in HQ Engineering and Activation means being at the heart of our perpetual reimagining. This group is the think tank and laboratory for the innovative ideas that spark change throughout the Supply Chain. We are inventors, metrics masters, data geeks, testers, triers, course-correctors and askers of the all-important question "What if ... ?". This team influences processes, engineers the robotics and automation to support those processes, activates solutions sustainably across the network and manages those assets. Your specific expertise-whether it's people, process, technology, or data-will be felt well beyond the boundaries of the Supply Chain organization, positively impacting Target team members and guests alike.About the Job
We are seeking a UX Designer who can jump in and contribute to Target's Supply Chain visualization and user interface for automation. If you're a UX Designer with a passion for software design, cutting-edge technologies, massive scale, and solving challenging problems - then this career opportunity and team is for you!The Senior Automation UX Designer will:
- Own the full design process, from early discovery and testing to asset delivery and pixel-tweaking with engineers
- Design flows that are intuitive, elegant and provide value for our Team Members in their everyday work
- Conduct prototype and validation testing through distribution center visits and remote testing.
- Hold design work to a high standard of craft, including accessibility, user research, information architecture, interaction design, visual design
- Conduct and participate in Team Member research
- Advance a culture of human-centered practice within UX, product, and engineering teams
- Build a network of relationships to enable your work
- Actively collaborate with other designers, engineers, product managers, process experts, accessibility team members, and other partners
Experience that sets you apart:
- 4+ years of experience in UX Design, Interface Design and interaction design preferred, but level of proficiency is more important to us
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience desired
- Experience conducting user testing and basic research
- Ability to gracefully articulate and defend design decisions to peers, partners, and leaders
- Ability to manage competing priorities and timelines
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools (We use Figma)
- Able to navigate complexity and make sense of ambiguity
- Excellent collaboration and influence skills
- Experience building relationships with many cross-functional partners
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- 2+ years of Supply Chain experience
- SCADA and HMI design experience
- Experience applying Service Design methodologies
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
The salary range is $65,600-$118,100.
Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.