is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics
is evolving at a rapid pace. We are constantly reimagining how to get the right product to the guest better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are operating smarter, better utilizing our resources and leveraging data driven decisions to deliver the convenience and service levels our guest demands. We are driven to win in this competitive, rapidly changing business by providing a differentiated and frictionless guest experience. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we rapidly develop and deploy new approaches and processes that improve existing, and enable new capabilities. We are looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, practical and comfortable with ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver, who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, and can build and execute effective plans to address? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in Network Planning, Global Intelligence and Last Mile (NPGILM)
means creating industry leading intelligence solutions to drive best in class omnichannel guest experiences at the lowest cost to Target. You might focus on enabling the future transportation operating model, optimizing inventory management, driving topology planning or leveraging deep business insights and analytics to propel Target's Supply Chain. As a network steward, we create forecasts, design inventory optimization strategies and leverage technology to ensure our inventory is available at the right time, in the right places and quantity to meet the needs of our guest, stores and operational goals. Super-powered first and foremost by our people, and supported by robust process and technology, we are a team of data-focused, curious minds who love to solve hard problems to enable a dynamic, fast paced Supply Chain Network. Our modern operating systems are built by Target and lead in the arena of automated large scale supply chain planning and optimization systems running large-scale solves for complex optimization problems.
The Fulfillment Optimization team is responsible for providing insights, leading strategy and optimization based initiatives to drive the efficiency of Target's digital fulfillment. The team member will need to use data engineering skills, statistical knowledge, simulation and modeling techniques while collaborating with data science, product, technology and business partners to transform Target's fulfillment.
As a Senior Fulfillment Optimization Manager of Fulfillment Optimization team:
- You will work with operations and technology partners to analyze opportunities, quantify scope for improvement and define core areas of focus to improve guest experience and cost to fulfill digital orders in Target's supply chain.
- You will build root cause analysis and reporting to provide specificity/detail in analytical output(s) to drive deep understanding of the problems/defects and action across core process teams and partners.
- You will partner with product and analytical teams, digital business teams, supply chain and other operations teams globally to deliver on business outcomes like ship expense reduction, promise speed, inventory availability on digital channel for various service levels.
- You will leverage data and analytics to provide competitive analysis, drive decision making, assess the health and effectiveness of digital fulfilment related P&L impacts, and to deliver recommendations to key stakeholders.
- It will be critical that you possess an understanding of retail, eCommerce or similar area, relevant technologies and design principles in order to drive scalable analytics across different area in supply chain. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- You will use mathematical modeling, simulation and statistical approaches to clearly define problems, build solutions and recommend next steps.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.About you:
- Bachelor's of Technology, Master's of Technology, Master's of Science Degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of retail or equivalent domain experience
- Experience in business problem solving using analytical skills
- Experience with statistical tools such as SAS, R, and with scripting languages such as Python for analyzing data and building prototypes and solutions
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data. Good understanding of analysis of algorithms, simulations, A/B testing, stochastic models, forecasting
- Familiarity with supply chain concepts such as forecasting, planning, optimization, and logistics - gained through work experience or graduate level education.
- Experience with Supply Chain or Ecommerce Order Fulfillment preferred
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in easy to understand terminology with multiple audiences.
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and use of complex supply chain & logistics software systems
- Knowledge of statistics and data mining techniques and tools to analyze and make insights from big data such as historical sales data and simulation/experiment results
This role will be based at our headquarter location (Minneapolis, MN) in our hybrid working mod.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.