As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Behind one of the world's best loved brands is a uniquely capable and brilliant team of data scientists, engineers and analysts. The Target Data & Analytics team creates the tools and data products to sustainably educate and enable our business partners to make great data-based decisions at Target. We help develop the technology that personalizes the guest experience, from product recommendations to relevant ad content. We're also the source of the data and analytics behind Target's Internet of Things (iOT) applications, fraud detection, Supply Chain optimization and demand forecasting. We play a key role in identifying the test-and-measure or A/B test opportunities that continuously help Target improve the guest experience, whether they love to shop in stores or at Target.com.
A role with Target Data Science & Engineering means the chance to help develop and manage state of the art predictive algorithms that use data at scale to automate and optimize decisions at scale. Whether you join our Statistics, Optimization or Machine Learning teams, you'll be challenged to harness Target's impressive data breadth to build the algorithms that power solutions our partners in Marketing, Supply Chain Optimization, Network Security and Personalization rely on.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Lead Data Engineer , you'll have the opportunity to create software solutions using Agile practices and DevOps principles. Your responsibilities will include designing, programming, debugging and supporting high quality, distributed, and large scale software solutions on the latest Big Data tech stack. You will develop software systems using test driven development while employing CI/CD practices. You will partner with other engineers and team members to develop software that meets business needs. You will follow Agile methodology for software development and technical documentation. You will innovate constantly and stay current with latest technologies while staying focused on solving problems at hand.
Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.About you:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience in software design, development and deployment
- Detailed knowledge of GNU/Linux OS (at least 5 years of experience w/ administration of production grade services running on Linux servers)
- Proficiency in orchestration and tuning of Java based distributed systems
- Have deep understanding of Operating System Architecture, memory management, process scheduling, I/O scheduling, Networking, technologies, latency, bandwidth
- Benchmarking, Performance Debugging, Performance monitoring, Limiting-resource Identification
- Deep understanding of Spark, HDFS, YARN, Hive, ZooKeeper, Oozie, Ranger
- Possess a strong understanding of high-performance, large-scale system architecture design and implementation
- Experience with high-performance distributed and parallel processing, computer architecture, operating systems, synchronization, communication
- Experience with modern CI/CD technologies such as Git, Drone, Docker, Artifactory
- Understand business fundamentals and how technologies can support business goals along with how to translate business vision into a technical strategy while understanding the financial implications
- Have proven leadership capabilities, the ability to influence others, interpersonal skills, and problem-solving skills
- Strong team player who understands concepts of teamwork and team effectiveness.
- Have excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills to convey complex technical solutions clearly to an organization
- Have excellent planning and organizational skills
- Proven track record in writing code that is correct, maintainable, testable, expressive, easy to change, efficient & fault-tolerant
- Extensive understanding of software development and design
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
The salary range is $105,800-$190,400
Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.