Description: About us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely, and reliably from the inside out.
As a Sr. Engineer, you serve as a technical specialist delivering the engineering that powers the product. You will be working on deploying large scale SAP environments that run SAP's in-memory HANA database, NetWeaver application, and container-based platforms. Your primary focus will be designing and deploying hardware and operating systems that are secure, resilient, and scalable for enterprise consumption. Utilizing Target's services and APIs you will automate deployments and configuration of systems in alignment with industry best practices and SAP application's specific needs. Supporting the SAP platform and troubleshooting complex issues will tightly integrate you with application, database and infrastructure demand and overall platform design. Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Use your skills, experience, and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As an engineer, you'll take the lead as you...
- Define and implement Linux for SAP solutions on both virtualized and BareMetal (HPE) platforms
- Develop high availability and disaster recovery solutions
- Firewall, load balancing, storage, networking configuration to enable system builds and deployments
- Linux CIS hardening and deployment
- Optimize operating system and scale in infrastructure according to demand
- Design and implement monitoring solutions
- Support full stack SAP platform solution
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- Infrastructure experience - server hardware, virtualization, K8's, storage, and networking
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of Linux operating systems and CIS benchmarks and hardening
- Performance analysis and tuning across OS, network, storage
- Automate deployments and configuration with chef, ansible or equivalent technology
- Demonstrate and continuously build upon domain-specific knowledge
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Maintain technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stay current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.