Description: Director Product Operations - Men's
Target is an iconic, beloved and well recognized brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target Merchandising is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how this $70 billion retailer offers the innovative, guest-inspiring items that Target is known and loved for. Our goal is to deliver exceptional value, quality and style to elevate Target as the premier retailer in a competitive global marketplace. Through intelligent and progressive business strategies that make the most of Target's resources and partnerships worldwide. Merchandising works across product categories to create a localized shopping experience online and in our 1800 stores. A role in Product Operations means having a hand in developing products that have a positive impact on people and the planet. We integrate our sourcing and development capabilities with our propensity for quality and social responsibility to positively impact the cost and quality of our products.
We are looking for a Director of Product Operations to join our team working specifically on . We are looking for someone who is interested in putting their business, leadership and people skills to work and to be a part of a collaborative, inclusive and flexible team. As a Director of Product Operations, you will leverage your deep understanding of sourcing and technical development practices to influence the strategy and ensure exceptional execution for the categories you support. Responsibilities include: Strategy & Business Development
- Lead and partner with cross functional round table partners and vendors/factories to shape strategies
- Leverage market research and competitive intelligence to ensure team is staying on top of market trends.
- Turn strategy into action by leveraging advanced knowledge of macro technical, quality development and sourcing trends to best advantage for Target.
- Promote and ensure globally standardized and consistent processes to facilitate efficient and effective best methods, cost engineering, product, trim and raw material specifications and development testing.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes, new ways of working to accelerate business opportunities
- Champion change and create a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Create an open and interactive supportive team environment that demonstrates passion for the brand and team's contributions to the overall success of the organization.
- Own personal and team development through continuous learning and proactively seeking new assignments that will help build knowledge and improve skills.
- Critically assess skills and performance of the team; addressing gaps, training and tools needed to perform at their best.
- Partner with Sourcing Partners and Business Partners to ensure team's assessment and strategic planning considers overall performance to ensure quality execution, sustainability and responsible sourcing.
Product Development & Technical Strategy
- Sustain onboarding of new vendor/factories in partnership with cross functional teams, ensuring consistent compliance to Target requirements.
- Monitor the team on business partners management, identify and surface any vendors gaps
- Lead business partner placement meetings as well as negotiation and resolution of significant claims
- Provide technical and sourcing expertise to the business through up-to-date understanding of business categories related to product operations (including industry trends, regulatory standards, labeling practices, emerging issues & new technologies)
- Apply engineering principles and knowledge to evaluate ideas and opportunities relative to the business strategies and opportunities (brand positioning/standards, product standards, emerging NGO issues); synthesize a point of view that is best for the business/guest
- Identify and explore the potential of implementing new materials, functionality, products or manufacturing technologies to improve efficiency, sales and profitability for our business
- Partners with Quality and Compliance Teams to lead and innovate performance testing protocols and develop product to meet those requirements
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs. About You:
- 10 years in relevant sourcing, product development, merchandising or retail experience
- Experience working with culturally diverse team members
- Committed to continuous learning, diversity, equity and inclusion
- Ability to communicate with internal leaders and to Sr. Management of vendor partners with diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to manage project plans and resources
- Strategic thinking and ability to plan; organize and execute
- Ability to analyze information to drive business decisions
- Committed to continuous learning
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Ability to travel locally and internationally as needed
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.