This role is based in Minneapolis, MNAbout us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
At the heart of one of the world's best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Owned Brand Product Design & Management organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market's needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on home, hardlines or apparel & accessories categories. Here, you'll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
A role with the Design
team means a big opportunity to start from scratch and create something truly original. Are you a design expert who can support your business by staying one step ahead of industry trends and technology? Can you demonstrate the utmost attention to detail and create products and systems that are unprecedented in the marketplace for their quality and efficacy? Then you'll have success on our Design team who owns the design and development of all Target-owned brands, from apparel to home goods, and beauty to essentials. In close partnership with our merchant and sourcing counterparts, you'll drive brand cohesion and continuity, ensuring that our products meet the Owned Brands Strategic Plan.
As the Senior Designer of Program Development, Inclusive Product Design
, you'll be accountable for championing the advancement of social sustainability within Target Brands. You will be responsible for supporting the Inclusive Design Strategy for OBPDP, prioritizing race/culture, gender/sex, ageing, and cognitive & physical dimensions of difference. Under the direction of the Director of Inclusive Products, you will collaborate with teams across the Target Enterprise and with external experts to drive Inclusive Design practices, goals and strategies that inspire and guide brand/category teams, global team members, and business and community partners. You will be accountable for and lead Inclusive Design and Development processes, which include:
- Knowledge Build and Share: Champions social design practices. Actively participates in the development and delivery of inclusive design resources and trainings to inspire and educate team members and partners on social sustainability, cultural acumen and inclusive design approaches. Supports the creation of tools, metrics and measures to monitor progress against inclusive design strategy, product objectives and behavioral performance goals. Serves as the central point of contact for peers on the subject of inclusion acumen and culture. Leads in research, guidance, and support for front end discovery in the design process.
- Research and Development: Stays abreast of insights and trends in Inclusive Design through regular research and expert sources to identify specific needs and translates knowledge into products, processes and experiences. Synthesize and integrate information to influence teams in delivering meaningful inclusive offerings to all guests. Assure that inclusive design and development initiatives are in alignment with Target's brand and multicultural strategies.
- Internal and External Partnerships: Builds collaborative relationships with internal and external partners including diverse affinity groups, professional organizations, academia, and community partners to elevate inclusive design and development. Represents Target at relevant external moments to track social and cultural trends, enabling a comprehensive mindset and approach. Support Target's relevance in the space, including conferences, collaborations, and sponsorships. Collaborates extensively with internal and external partners to ensure acumen building aligns with Enterprise.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.About you:
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Design and/or Social Science Degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years relevant design thinking work or community experience
- Elevated knowledge or experience in DEIB program development and acumen building
- High level of Emotional Intelligence and exceptional at developing partnerships
- Excellent listening, persuasive communication, and compelling presentation skills
- Comfortable taking risks, driving change and supporting diversity, equity & inclusion
- A growth oriented, learning mindset with an ability to inspire others to embrace change
- Ability to manage multiple projects, at various stages and adjust to changing priorities
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.