Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As a Senior Engineer, you serve as a specialist in the engineering team that supports the product. You help develop and gain insight in the application architecture. You can distill an abstract architecture into concrete design and influence the implementation. You show expertize in applying the appropriate software engineering patterns to build robust and scalable systems. You are an expert in programming and apply your skills in developing the product. You have the skills to design and implement the architecture on your own, but choose to influence your fellow engineers by proposing software designs, providing feedback on software designs and/or implementation. You show good problem solving skills and can help the team in triaging operational issues. You leverage your expertise in eliminating repeat occurrences.
As an IAM engineer, you will work on providing solutions to everyday problems. You will be in the forefront with the team trying to influence the authentication/authorization landscape for Target. You will use Agile thinking to solve problems by providing standards-based solutions.
A glimpse of what you will be involved with:
• Build robust IAM platforms
• Deliver Continuous Delivery solutions to improve our deployment model
• Help the team make data-driven decisions by developing real-time analytics around authentication and use of authenticators
• Follow Agile practices to prototype and deliver solutions to customers' needs
• Build distributed systems that impact Target.com and Stores experiences using IAM technologies
• 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of software development experience
• Demonstrates strong domain-specific knowledge regarding Target's technology capabilities, and key competitors' products and differentiating features
• Working knowledge on package-specific configuration and deployment along with ability to build custom solutions
• Designs new testing methods and resolves routine and non-routine technical issues with minimal assistance
• Demonstrates strong proficiency in core development platforms within own domain
• Builds strong commitment within the team to support the appropriate team priorities
• Clearly communicates Agile concepts to partners within product team
• Demonstrates a solid understanding of the impact of own work on the team and/or guests
• Writes and organizes code using multiple computer languages, including distributed programming and understand different frameworks and paradigm
• Delivers high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables with broad impact (high throughput and low latency)
• Influences and applies data standards, policies, and procedures
• Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
• Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
• Ability to leverage open-source frameworks and Industry standards to develop solutions
• Knowledgeable on SAML/OAuth
• Experienced in writing high quality code in Java and/or
• Experience with Agile and Continuous Delivery practices such as CI/CD and TDD
• Experience with Release Automation and Infrastructure as Code technologies such as Chef, Drone, Terraform, Artifactory, Git, etc.
• Experience with cloud technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Spinnaker is a plus
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.