Description: Job Title: CR Senior Manager, Community Impact Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning CLASSIFICATION: Exempt DATE: September 2022About Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Are you ready to bring your passion and expertise to Target to help cultivate a powerfully positive local and global presence? For the experienced corporate responsibility pro with a strong and time-tested background in non-profit leadership, a role in CR could be that just-right fit. Join our team where business savvy meets the greater good and you'll soon see-this about so much more than volunteerism. You'll rise to the challenge of maintaining Target's good stewardship of the environment, its resources and its key partnerships with other organizations. As part of CR, the Target Foundation focuses on where to best allocate funds to support various programs and initiatives. Or you might assist with sustainable global sourcing practices, and projects that foster environmental responsibility and ways to minimize our footprint at both the macro and store levels. Whatever your role with CR, you'll help influence how Target leverages its distinctive brand and unparalleled resources to set the bar for responsible, sustainable and charitable business practices.
As a Senior Manager Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation you will:
- Oversee the monitoring, learning and evaluation of Target and Target Foundation's community impact work.
- Advance knowledge of community impact measurement and evaluation to grow the M&E function of a dynamic philanthropic organization including corporate giving, Foundation and volunteerism programs.
- Subject matter expertise in evaluation system design
- Direct the work to bring clarity over impact objectives, and create theories of change and measurable goals for our Community Impact philanthropy and volunteerism
- Identify and/or design processes and frameworks for monitoring and evaluation of strategic, systems change programming, including in partnership with researchers from leading evaluation organizations.
- Analyze, synthesize, and produce key insights that can easily inform multiple audiences -from key leadership (i.e. Leadership Team, Board Members) to our storytelling media and platforms.
- Ensure results of M&E practices are both useful and utilized for continuous learning, improving program impact and telling our impact story.
- Implement measurement, evaluation and reporting processes and discipline with input from key partners such as risk and compliance.
- Develop and maintain data collection and reporting tools and systems.
- Be familiar with equity impacts and be able to balance measurement and data collection with equity best practices to ensure MEL frameworks and tools drive equity and do not create undue burden on community partners
Other responsibilities may include:
- Manage partnership with external vendors, where appropriate, to help guide us on how best monitor, evaluate and report on insights that support our community impact goals
- Analyze Research from other leading institutions that might inform our work
- Creation of learning forums, routines and tools in partnership with Foundation
Other responsibilities as assignedAbout You:
- Graduate or PhD in relevant field preferred
- 7+ years of experience working in the private or public sector in Measurement, Evaluation and Learning
- Demonstrated success working across business lines and program teams
- Strong knowledge of social and environmental issues and stakeholder landscapes
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proficient in quantitative and qualitative analysis and data management
- Ability to communicate technical insights to non-technical audiences
- Proven problem solving, critical thinking, analytical and out-side of the box thinking skills - connecting dots and translating ideas into action
- Ability to adjust and continue to be effective if and when priorities or strategies change
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing strategies across competing priorities
- Strong analytical, organizational, planning and project management experience and ability to work independently, including the ability to multi-task and manage demands and/or projects simultaneously
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:
The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $85,400 to $153,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.