Job Title: Sr Consultant Corporate Security
Date: September 2022
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
To match the signature style and passion of Target's distinctive retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of experts. Whether specializing in law, government affairs, employee relations, risk, compliance, ethics, security or food safety, we use our expertise and influence to advocate for Target, support Target's business and mitigate risk for the company. We work with both internal and external entities on key issues that affect Target's ability to productively, ethically and securely conduct business. Through our understanding of Target's business models and operations, we help facilitate Target's growth, and provide guidance that leaders rely on to make appropriate, well-informed decisions. Simultaneously, we help protect the business by applying our comprehensive understanding of risk and the law on issues that impact our brand, guests, team members, stores, distribution centers and corporate locations. Your passion for learning the business, collaborating with others, and building relationships will be essential to maintaining the security of Target assets at our various facilities. Here, you will support Target's resiliency by planning, preparing, responding to, and recovering from crisis events impacting our operations.
A role within Corporate Security means working with a team dedicated to protecting the Target team, guests, property, and brand. You will use our comprehensive understanding and management of evolving security risks to protect our Target community throughout the world. You may support Target's Crisis and Threat Management, Preparedness and Continuity, Forensics, Intelligence, Physical Security and Safety, Executive Services, or Operations teams.
As a Sr Consultant on the Corporate Security & Safety team, you'll lead the security and safety of our local Target headquarters buildings and the security and safety of both on/off campus events. You'll be responsible for developing, implementing, and directing site-level security programs that secure Target's team members, partners, guests, communities, and reputation. With this role, you'll be expected to deliver on effectively responding to incidents, investigations, events, and concerns occurring on property. You'll cultivate relationships with a variety of Target leaders and partners, as well as with public agencies and organizations, contract security providers, and other private security colleagues. You'll also support Corporate Security leadership in the development of strategic plans and projects to advance our goal to minimize risk at Target.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Three to six years of relevant work experience within physical security, crisis management, or team leadership.
• Possess a valid driver's license and ability to complete routines and patrols utilizing a company vehicle.
• Meet any state or local licensure and/or other legal requirements related to the position.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Above average computer hardware and software knowledge.
• Ability to interact in a friendly, empathetic, and professional manner.
• Detail oriented with an ability to prioritize.
• Strong decision making ability during both crisis and non-crisis situations.
• Ability to multi-task and use various resources to proactively identify and resolve issues.
• Trustworthy to work with highly confidential information.
• Ability to effectively work and communicate with all levels of leadership, including C-suite.
• Climb up and down stairs and ladders.
• Provide life-saving actions, including CPR and other first aid.
• Ability to sit, stand, or be mobile for extended periods of time and effectively move items up to 40 pounds.
• Flexibility to work a set schedule and adjust as business needs dictate, with regular attendance and on-call capability necessary.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.