Description: Job Title: Sr Licensing ManagerClassification: ExemptDate: September 2022About Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
To match the signature style and passion of Target's distinctive retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of experts. Whether specializing in law, government affairs, employee relations, risk, licensing, compliance, ethics, security or food safety, we use our expertise and influence to advocate for Target, support Target's business and mitigate risk for the company. We work with both internal and external entities on key issues that affect Target's ability to productively, ethically and securely conduct business. Through our understanding of Target's business models and operations, we help facilitate Target's growth, and provide guidance that leaders rely on to make appropriate, well- informed decisions. Simultaneously, we help protect the business by applying our comprehensive understanding of risk and the law on issues that impact our brand, guests, team members, stores, distribution centers and corporate locations.
Here, you'll enjoy working autonomously with a healthy work-life balance. Your passion for learning the business, collaborating with others and building relationships with senior leaders and key business partners that you support will be essential to tackling the ever-changing legal and risk-based challenges we face in a dynamic and fast-paced retail environment.
A role in Field Compliance
means providing support and managing key compliance areas for Target including stores, distribution centers and at headquarters.
As a Senior Licensing Manager you will:
- Provide Leadership and work direction to a team of compliance professionals responsible for a wide array permitting and reporting requirements including but not limited to environmental compliance (RCRA, EPCRA, CWA, CAA), fire code and hazardous materials storage.
- Provide Leadership and work direction to a team of compliance professionals responsible for responding to routine inspections including weights and measures, pricing compliance and all environmental media; escalate inspection responses to compliance program owners as necessary.
- Establish team norms and best practices that maintain strong performance and flawless execution of permitting and reporting obligations in order to maintain compliant business practices across the United States.
- Identify team metrics and reporting capabilities to monitor capacity, identify trends, evaluate process effectiveness, and recommend improvements or solutions to identified risks.
- Establish trusted relationships with internal business partners, including (but not limited to), store operations, legal and global supply chain; Work with the compliance program owners to understand, influence and implement permitting, inspection, and reporting strategy.
- Manage a multi-million dollar budget by reviewing and approving payments associated with permit applications and reporting. Develop annual budget forecast and work with Finance partners throughout the year to monitor forecast vs. actual spend.
- Manage large volume environmental reporting efforts including RCRA biennial reporting and EPCRA Tier II.
- Evolve licensing, fines, permits, and reporting through use of data and automation to increase efficiency of routine tasks
- Create and maintain a positive team culture by demonstrating behaviors consistent with Target's values of Inclusivity, Connection and Drive; ensure on-going, effective communications to the team, and support individualized development by offering regular performance feedback, coaching and recognition.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Compliance, Analytics or other relevant field of study and/or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Operational Excellence: detail orientated with proven experience using data to streamline and improve complex business processes
- Ability to facilitate meetings, resolve conflict, build consensus, establish rapport and collaborate effectively, internally and externally, across all levels of an organization
- Analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to leverage data to influence decisions, identify risks and improvement opportunities, and distill complex issues into actionable plans
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to develop effective and collaborative relationships with key business leaders in order to drive accountability and instill confidence
- Ability to adapt, prioritize and successfully manage multiple tasks or projects in response to changing, ambiguous or competing priorities
- Ability to apply discretion and sensitivity while working with confidential information
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Previous experience with data and automation solutions (Greenfield, Cygnus, Alteryx, etc.)
- Previous experience leading an operations function
- Previous experience in retail or other matrixed corporate environment
- Work experience within environmental permitting and reporting including RCRA, EPCRA, CAA and CWA compliance and reporting
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.