Description: About us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
The Target.com Web Team builds and maintains one of the most visited e-commerce sites in the world. As part of this Target team, you will be a front-line contributor to the future of online commerce. We architect solutions to facilitate massive scale; design libraries and abstractions to make our jobs easier; embrace modern web development practices and tools to ensure consistency, stability, and performance; and are fully responsible for the Target.com UI web stack. We realize successes through our strong engineering culture and delighting our guests with great web experiences.About the Opportunity:
The Web Bottom of Funnel team is responsible for the cart and checkout experience on target.com. Our UI is used by millions of Guests each day to change fulfillment, add addresses and apply payment information, among others activities during the order process. We are focused on providing a quick, reliable, and secure checkout experience and are therefore heavily invested in testing, measurement, and gathering feedback. We also maintain strong relationships with our API and native app team partners. In addition to the talented and experienced engineers on our product team, there are other disciplines as well: UX design, product management, content design, and accessibility experts.
Engineers in this space get to solve complex and interesting problems for our Guests, like optimizing the collection of order information during checkout, creating a mini cart displayed across target.com, purchasing a partial cart, and bulk change of fulfillment to make for easier pickup. Because new features are always A/B tested we are always able to see how now features affect Target and our Guests.
- A match for the team's culture based on: Humility, Trust, Collaboration and Personal Responsibility
- Work on a team of highly skilled and experienced engineers
- Continuously work to improve self and team through continuous learning, pair programming, and pull request reviews
- Passionate about the front end
- Ability to work closely with to collaborate with product partners
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 4+ years of experience in web technologies
- Experience automated testing and proficient with a testing framework (e.g. Jest, Mocha)
- Experience working with a source versioning tool, such as Git
- Experience with web frameworks and libraries like React, Next, Angular, Vue.js, Polymer, Riot.js, Backbone, and Ember.
- Experience developing adaptive or responsive websites using HTML5 and CSS3.
- Familiarity with build tools such as Webpack, Rollup, Gulp, and Grunt
- Computer Science foundational knowledge including competencies working with design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Clearly communicates Agile concepts to partners within product team
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the impact of own work on the team and/or guests
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Experience with Node.js and React
- Experience working with GraphQL and RESTful web services
- Experience building accessible websites
- Experience working on projects facilitating true CI and CD
- Exposure to DevOps tools, processes, and culture (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Spinnaker, Jenkins, Git, etc.)
- Experience working on enterprise-scale products
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.