Description: About us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
The Target.com Web Team builds and maintains one of the most visited e-commerce sites in the world. As part of this Target team, you will be a front-line contributor to the future of online commerce. We architect solutions to facilitate massive scale; design libraries and abstractions to make our jobs easier; embrace modern web development practices and tools to ensure consistency, stability, and performance; and are fully responsible for the Target.com UI web stack. We realize successes through our strong engineering culture and delighting our guests with great web experiences.About this team:
The guest authentication and profile UI team owns the experiences responsible for account creation, authentication, and Target profile and account management. Averaging over a million new accounts added monthly, and millions of guests on iOS and Web using our UI for login, our team owns some of the most visible experiences for Target.com. As a team we leverage a larger ecosystem of packages and tooling shared across other experience teams that make up the broader Target.com web team. As the owners of the authorization library that loads on every page of Target.com, we're responsible for supporting not just our own guest facing UI experiences, but also consumers of our packages. Because of the importance and visibility of our code, we're constantly emphasizing and evolving our monitoring, reporting, testing, and tooling to give us confidence and consistency in the code we ship. Cypress and Jest testing are important to us, as is having visibility into our experiences via reporting, metric visualizations, and alerting. Above all though, communication is key. Communication between the team, making sure to knowledge share during dedicated engineering meetings or review sessions. Communication between the engineers and leaders, and calling out what's working and what isn't, and then iterating on that through retros. And communicating with our partner teams and being deliberate about relationship building, even in an all-digital work environment.Responsibilities:
- Work as a member of a product team that will iterate on guest facing features that impact the bottom line of Target.com
- Contribute to our full-stack Node.js and React universal application
- Continuously work to improve through pair programming and pull request reviews
- Implement design patterns to enhance our highly scalable web application
- Contribute to the design of our full system architecture
- Engage in continuous improvement projects within the team and mentor other engineers
- Contribute unit and functional tests to certify your work is accurate
- Provide technical expertise to product teams, advising best practices and highlighting risks
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience in web technologies
- Experience automated testing and proficient with a testing framework (e.g. Jest, Mocha)
- Experience working with a source versioning tool, such as Git
- Experience with web frameworks and libraries like React, Next, Angular, Vue.js, Polymer, Riot.js, Backbone, and Ember.
- Experience developing adaptive or responsive websites using HTML5 and CSS3.
- Familiarity with build tools such as Webpack, Rollup, Gulp, and Grunt
- Computer Science foundational knowledge including competencies working with design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Clearly communicates Agile concepts to partners within product team
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the impact of own work on the team and/or guests
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Experience with Node.js and React
- Experience working with GraphQL and RESTful web services
- Experience building accessible websites
- Experience working on projects facilitating true CI and CD
- Exposure to DevOps tools, processes, and culture (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Spinnaker, Jenkins, Git, etc.)
- Experience working on enterprise-scale products
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.