Description: JOIN TARGET CYBERSECURITY AS A LEAD ENGINEER - CYBER VISIBILITY UI DEVELOPMENT
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation - and right now, we are up to big things.
The Cyber Fusion Center is the heart of Target's security team and a place where innovation happens daily. Interested in a culture that combines invention and creative freedom, ongoing learning, engineering excellence, and stellar outcomes? We are, too - that's why we work here. Join our team to take new enterprise security solutions from concept to release, collaborating with both software & security engineers to innovate on helping defend Target's network using cutting-edge technologies.
We are looking for full-stack developers with experience maintaining and evolving custom-built user interfaces & API infrastructure; these professionals will work with a world-class team to bring our purpose-built SIEM to the next level. Don't know much about security? That's okay: just show us you're interested, motivated, and want to learn. As a Lead Engineer, you serve as a specialist in the engineering team that supports the product. You help develop and gain insight in the application architecture. You can distill an abstract architecture into concrete design and influence the implementation. You show expertise in applying the appropriate software engineering patterns to build robust and scalable systems. You are an expert in programming and apply your skills in developing the product. You have the skills to design and implement the architecture on your own, but choose to influence your fellow engineers by proposing software designs, providing feedback on software designs and/or implementation. You have good problem-solving skills and can help the team in triaging operational issues. You leverage your expertise in eliminating repeat occurrences.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation
- Demonstrates broad web application knowledge
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of Internet fundamentals (DNS, IP addresses, server architectures, etc)
- Demonstrates understanding of secure coding practices and the impact that not following them can have
- Demonstrates expertise in multiple programming languages and frameworks
- Demonstrates ability to work independently or on small, fast-moving teams
- Maintains deep technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Proven track record, high-quality problem-solving & troubleshooting skills
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum team
- Very comfortable working with UI frameworks: Vue.js, React
- Experience building RESTful API Endpoints w/ frameworks such as NodeJS, express.js
- Experience interfacing with SQL and NO-SQL like languages: MySQL, Postgres, Elasticsearch, MongoDB
- Solid understanding of common source code version control tools: GitHub, BitBucket, SourceForge
- Knowledgeable about end-to-end CI/CD solutions and technologies: Webhooks, Jenkins, GitLab, Docker
Additional skills we are interested in:
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Experience prototyping/establishing UX Patterns
- Experience with container orchestration solutions: docker swarm, kubernetes
- Experience interfacing with Elasticsearch, Splunk, Kibana
- Experience working in a very mature full-stack product with well-established release cycle & standards
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.