Description: About Us:
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and leading retailers. And the only constant in retail? Change. Our business is constantly evolving, using big ideas to solve complex problems.
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand. Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places where we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Our Insights, Strategy, and Growth
team helps shape the business today, while also focusing on the trends and consumers of future. You will have the opportunity to develop skills across our team superpowers, including consumer & industry landscape, strategic problem solving, strategy activation, experimentation, and scaling new businesses. Do you love the idea of helping to shape Target's long-term strategy grounded in consumer and industry trends? Can you bring bold ideas the table in order to build momentum for new business opportunities? Bring your talent and join us.Strategy and Innovation MBA Internship Overview:
The Strategy and Innovation MBA Internship is designed to build experiences around problem solving, business acumen, innovation, and strategy development to shape Target's long-term strategic direction. Within this program, your partners will often span Merchandising, Finance, Marketing, Digital and Stores. You will gain skills in developing guest-centric strategies that are backed with external market/trend and financial considerations.
This internship is a 10-week, project-based program where you will make an impact by collaborating cross-functionally as you enjoy the support and freedom to explore how to grow Target's business in new and different ways. You'll have the opportunity to peek behind the curtains to see many aspects of Target Strategy, and deep dive into the role by participating in the day-to-day activities of a Lead Strategy Manager. You will experience how our teams make key decisions that provide our guests with ease, affordability, and convenience. Through this you will build an understanding of retail trends, competitors, and consumers to develop new concepts and businesses that meet future needs in the fast-evolving multi-channel retail landscape.
Outside of your day-to-day work as an intern, you will be immersed in events with a cohort of intern peers that will deepen your ability to be a successful, inclusive and cross-functional leader. Events and development highlights include:
- Store and/or Distribution Center tours to gain a cross pyramid perspective.
- Structured mentorship inclusive of a peer mentor and a senior leader mentor.
- Speaker Series with SVP and C-Suite leadership.
- Development series that focuses on inclusive leadership, empathy, storytelling and coaching others.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Currently enrolled in year one of an MBA program.
- 4-6+ years of previous work experience prior to MBA.
- Ability to solve complex problems through a systematic approach to structured problem solving such as problem disaggregation, data and competitive analysis, financial opportunity sizing, and consumer research.
- Outstanding collaboration and relationship-building aptitude with internal and external stakeholders. Ability to empathize with peers and partners.
- Ability to take the right partners at the right time, influence without authority, and collaborate in a team environment.
- Innate curiosity and desire to learn with a strong inclination to drive for results.
- Desire to contribute to a team culture of bold strategic thinking and Target's values of Inclusivity, Connection and Drive.
- Flexibility, resiliency and nimbleness; comfortable working in 'grey areas' that are constantly changing.
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.