Description: About us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target Human Resources is well known for its signature ability to build the very best teams, and we infuse our work with Target's distinctive retail brand by continuously experimenting, evolving and innovating. With the chance to positively impact nearly 350,000 people worldwide in our stores, distribution centers and headquarters, you'll be a strategic partner to both the leaders and the team members who elevate and nurture the Target guest experience.
Working within Talent Acquisition, your mission will be to attract new talent and launch people in roles that let them shine. Our recruiters accompany candidates along the new team member journey, from the very first engagement to day one on the job, and beyond. As a member of the Talent Acquisition team, you'll act as a brand ambassador in the executive marketplace, telling the story of Target as a top choice in a sea of other places to work, and showing candidates what it's really like to be an executive leader at Target.
As the Lead Executive Search Consultant, you'll be responsible understanding top-level talent across industries through sourcing strategies and market intelligence. You will manage key relationships and communication with the officer population and create long-term engagement strategies and connection with industry's top talent. You will play an integral role, informing Target's executive/officer leader strategy as we continue to grow our teams and evolve our capabilities.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies and market intelligence narratives for Target that will result in a diverse slate of executive level talent. This includes directly sourcing candidates, assessing fit, and influencing through written and verbal communication.
- Build strategic and equitable search strategies that address underrepresented, function critical, and skilled talent.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on external market intelligence. Conduct thorough and regular research in order to regularly share insight on trends in the marketplace, industry information, competitor happenings, and leadership news.
- Perform initial outreach to identified candidates to inform, educate and assess interest regarding leadership roles. Select and maintain invested candidate relationships in partnership with leadership team.
- Provide detailed reports on market intelligence, research, and sourcing activities.
- Maintain client facing metrics documentation
- Participate in conversations around anticipated leadership openings. Provide consultation on compensation, organizational structure, and position scope.
- Collaborate with talent acquisition team members and business leaders to continually develop best-in-class end-to-end leadership recruitment processes and strategies.
- Assist in the training and development of other Talent Acquisition team members through mentoring relationships and by training key recruitment acumen skill sets.
- Operate in a full-cycle Recruiter role when Principal Consultants are unavailable and/or volume creates a need for additional support.
- Leverage recruiting data to proactively provide status updates and hiring results to leadership and HR partners
- 7+ years of executive recruitment experience. Preferred experience in either a retained search firm or corporate executive recruitment environment
- Experience advising senior leaders on talent and hiring decisions.
- Demonstrated ability interacting with executive level talent and providing a best-in-class candidate experience.
- Proven track record of developing and executing innovative sourcing strategies that result in identification and delivery of high caliber, senior stakeholder level, executives required.
- Ability to translate a business strategy into an actionable recruiting strategy required
- Demonstrated success in adapting to new situations quickly and effectively
- Effective interpersonal skills and communication to connect with a wide variety of audiences and all levels of an organization, including C-level.
- Superior attention to detail, with strong multi-tasking and organization skills
- Strong sense of urgency, with proven ability to act swiftly under pressure and adapt to changing priorities and processes
- Ability to create and maintain strong partnerships
- Strong strategic thinking and creativity
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $85,400k - $153,700k. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.