Description: Sr Manager, Target Investigations Classification: Exempt Date: September 2022About Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
To match the signature style and passion of Target's distinctive retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of experts. Whether specializing in law, government affairs, employee relations, risk, compliance, ethics, security or food safety, we use our expertise and influence to advocate for Target, support Target's business and mitigate risk for the company. We work with both internal and external entities on key issues that affect Target's ability to productively, ethically and securely conduct business. Through our understanding of Target's business models and operations, we help facilitate Target's growth, and provide guidance that leaders rely on to make appropriate, well-informed decisions. Simultaneously, we help protect the business by applying our comprehensive understanding of risk and the law on issues that impact our brand, guests, team members, stores, distribution centers and corporate locations.
Here, you'll enjoy working autonomously with a healthy work-life balance. Your passion for learning the business, collaborating with others and building relationships with senior leaders and key business partners that you support will be essential to tackling the ever-changing legal and risk-based challenges we face in a dynamic and fast-paced retail environment.
A role with the Target Investigations means a chance to positively impact Target via investigation and resolution of employee relations matters, as well as ethical and corporate policy concerns. You will build productive partnerships with Stores, Human Resources, Risk, Compliance, Internal Audit, Assets Protection, field leadership, Employee Relations attorneys, paralegals and others to investigate and provide thorough, thoughtful and timely issue resolution.
As a Sr Manager, Target Investigations you will:
- Provide leadership and work direction to a team of investigations experts responsible for the timely and thorough investigation of allegations
- Oversee the investigative process, including the assignment of cases, ensuring proper tracking, reporting and documentation of findings, managing escalations, and providing individualized coaching, training, and ongoing development for the investigations team and necessary partners
- Effectively balance the need to execute against team goals while developing direct reports, supporting career progression, and driving successful and effective performance of the team and indivual investigators.
- Investigate complex and high risk workplace allegations that pose a significant business, culture or reputational impact to Target; ensure all steps of the investigative process are completed thoroughly and timely, and that the appropriate documentation and follow through occurs on all concerns
- Establish effective working relationships with HR, Compliance, Store Operations, Internal Audit, and paralegal and attorney partners on all legal components and findings related to an investigation
- Develop investigation plans, provide strategic insight and communicate findings to senior leaders; prepare defensable and comprehensive investigative reports and present findings and non-legal advice or recommendations to partners at all levels in the organization
- Identify opportunities to strengthen investigative capabilities and further mitigate risk in partnership with the Target Investigations team, Employee & Labor Relations (ELR) leaders, Compliance, Merchandising, Supply Chain, Stores, Global Operations, and relevant business partners; lead and participate in company and department initiatives to support timely, thorough and trustworthy investigations; Continuously evaluate investigative processes and prioritize initiatives that drive efficiency, increase automation, and support the scalability of thorough and trustworthy investigations
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement by empowering team members to innovate and influence change; maintain industry knowledge by attending relevant seminars/trainings, and benchmarking with other organizations
- Analyze metrics and data, while recognizing trends pertaining to Target culture, leadership behaviors, enterprise risks, and control gaps and establish a cadence to share insights with the broader Target Investigations Team, Compliance, Internal Audit, and other relevant partners.
- Create and maintain a positive team culture by demonstrating behaviors consistent with Target's values of Inclusivity, Connection and Drive; ensure on-going, effective communications to the team, and support individualized development by offering regular performance feedback, coaching and recognition
- Other duties as assigned
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.About you:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Compliance, Finance, Audit, or Human Resources or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of related experience within Human Resources, Employee Relations, Legal Affairs, Risk & Compliance, Internal Audit, or other relevant business function; progressive leadership responsibilities preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate meetings, resolve conflict, build consensus, establish rapport and collaborate effectively across departments and externally
- Analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to leverage data to influence decisions, identify risks and improvement opportunities, and distill complex issues into actionable plans
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create transparency and confidence and influence across all levels of Target Team Members
- Ability to adapt, prioritize and successfully manage multiple tasks or projects in response to ambiguous, changing or competing priorities
- Ability to work autonomously and manage multiple projects simultaneously, maintaining appropriate prioritization and ensuring adherence to deadlines
- Ability to effectively learn and operate in corporate-wide data bases, gather and analyze information from various systems, and interpret the value of that information as it relates to investigative solutions
- Ability to apply discretion and sensitivity while working with confidential information
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Experience in leading or conducting global investigations in the supply chain or retail industry is desired
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:
The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $85,400 to $153,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.