Description: About us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
At the heart of one of the world's best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Product Development. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market's needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect. Here, you'll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
A role with the Centers of Excellence Tech & Engineering Capabilities team
means a big opportunity to start from scratch and create something truly original. Are you a product development expert who can support your business by staying one step ahead of the industry? Can you demonstrate the utmost attention to detail and develop products that are unprecedented in the marketplace for their value? Then you'll have success on our COE team which owns a development all of Target-owned brands. In close partnership with our product engineers, technical developers, design, merchant and sourcing counterparts, you'll drive brand cohesion and continuity, ensuring that our owned brand products meet the merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and guest expectations.COE Technical Developer or Product Engineer
, Home & Hardlines and Essentials & BeautyResponsibilities:
- Conduct out-of- cycle product/category research, standards and innovation
- Develop, create, and train out technical capabilities in service to owned brand product development
- Develop consistent approaches/frameworks, standards and governance in innovation, benchmarking and research.
- Collaborate with the Product Operations teams to drive guest research, development, value engineering and innovative product solutions
- Agility to support the changing guest and business needs based on specific projects identified
- Co-create processes and tools to support product testing, and quality analysis to build products that foster love and loyalty
- Co-create frameworks to support business priorities, product functional requirements, and performance expectations to ensure quality and rand consistency
- Co-create standards for product details, specification and construction data
- Communicate daily with internal and external partners to ensure high quality execution in materials, components, and fit
- Partnering proactively with overseas technical designers, production engineers and vendors to drive innovation and new solutions in manufacturing, quality, and fit
- Conduct out of cycle market research of competitors, benchmarks, and new opportunities to engineer value and drive development of cost viable quality standards and continuous improvement
- Collaborate in hindsighting on quality execution, guest feedback, and partner connections to inform continuous improvement and new capability needs (Product Operations, PSQA, Global TD's, BPTD's, etc.)
- Travel internationally and domestically to support business as needed
- Perform other duties as required/assigned by manager
- 5-8 years' experience in product development
- Strong knowledge of Home & Hardlines and/or Essentials & Beauty categories in construction, standards, performance, and value/cost engineering
- Current in industry standards and technical knowledge of development and manufacturing processes
- Proficient in use of relevant computer applications; Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, white board tools, Microsoft Office Suite, PLM or equivalent spec writing systems, and basic knowledge of 3D software
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving and decision-making skills, approaching each project with curiosity and a guest service mindset
- Energized by analysis and research to continuously improve important elements of owned brand categories and communicate to cross functional teams
- Strong individual contributor who is curious and has experience building a business plan/approach in the context of product development
- Experienced professional working with teams located outside of the US
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, often changing, highly collaborative environment
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Committed to continuous learning in diversity, equity and inclusion
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.