Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
Work Location: Work from home
The health and safety of our employees, members, providers, and our community is our highest priority. Therefore, all new employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting at UCare, subject to limited exceptions such as for a sincerely held religious belief or for medical reasons.
This position is responsible to provide telephonic support and education of members with an asthma diagnosis. This position also assists to improve HEDIS rates, improve health outcomes, support NCQA accreditation and Population Health Management.
• Provide individual telephonic asthma assessment, support, and management to members with and asthma diagnosis.
• Provide outbound telephonic outreach to members who meet criteria for the asthma program or ask to speak with an asthma educator.
• Utilize motivational interviewing, active listening and health behavior change techniques during asthma education sessions with members.
• Assess member needs regarding asthma and other chronic conditions to provide information and resources as needed.
• Assist members in reaching personal health goals.
• Provide education to members as it relates to their asthma and other chronic conditions.
• Accept and provide referrals to/from disease management, case management, hospitals, clinics, delegate/vendor partners and other available resources.
• Communicate regularly with members, providers, case managers and other health care team members also engaged in the members' care.
• Implement strategies to reach and maintain Disease Management (DM) program goals, improve HEDIS rates, support NCQA accreditation and Population Health Management strategies.
• Utilize the clinical documentation system to manage member program interactions. Documentation is accurate, thorough, and timely.
• Assist in the development of educational materials used for disease management purposes.
• Assist in the development and ongoing support of measurement systems to evaluate DM program outcomes and processes. Assist the Disease Management Manager with information for monthly report as requested.
• Implement asthma disease management for members of various socioeconomic and cultural groups.
• Collaborate with members and/or family member, primary care physicians, clinic staff, providers, and other relevant agencies to assure appropriateness of service that meets member needs and ensures desired outcomes.
• Serve as a resource to staff, providers and members enrolled in UCare administered DM programs. Provide ongoing education and information about DM programs as requested.
• Maintain good working relationships and open communication with internal and external customers.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Registered Nurse or Respiratory Therapist. Current unrestricted RN or RT license in MN. Prefer Certified Asthma Educator (AE-C) by national Asthma Educator Certification Board.
Two years' experience in asthma education, disease management or chronic condition care. Experience working with individuals who have chronic conditions that foster self-management.
Managed care experience with a focus on case management of members with co-morbid conditions. Experience working with multi-cultural and variable socioeconomic populations highly desired.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 09/23/2022