Description: About Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
At the heart of one of the world's best-loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Owned Brands Product & Packaging (OBP&P) team. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion of delighting our guests. We concept, develop, make, and deliver great new products that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend, style and market experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market's needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, performance, quality, and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect on future packaging strategies and bring to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and delight guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
A role with the Packaging team means a big opportunity to work on a global portfolio and truly drive innovation in all aspects of your job. Are you a packaging expert who can support your business by staying one step ahead of industry trends, new materials, and techniques? Can you demonstrate the utmost attention to detail and create solutions that are unprecedented in the marketplace? Then you will have success on our Packaging team! We own the design and development of all Target-owned brand packaging both in store and online. Best of all, your commitment to diversity and inclusion will come to life every day as you work with multicultural teams to create the best, most sustainable packaging for all our guests. Job Overview:
As the Director of Packaging,
you will lead a multi-disciplined team with direct packaging responsibility for a multi-billion-dollar business within Target's Owned Brand portfolio. You and your team will own day-to-day brand support along with identifying and executing sustainable innovation and cost savings opportunities. You will be future focused, understand inclusive and responsible design, guest and packaging trends while staying well connected to industry resources and capabilities. You will use your skills, experience, guest-centric mindset, and creativity to deliver innovative new packaging, drive enhancements to existing packaging and processes to support Target's ambitious growth agenda. Principal duties and responsibilities include:
- Guest-centric leader who shapes and stewards the Owned Brands packaging portfolio identifying and developing solutions to respond to unmet guest needs or key pain points.
- Lead, inspire, coach, and develop a diverse team of passionate, capable packaging professionals. Perform managerial duties in a hybrid work environment such as planning, organizing, and staffing to ensure successful execution of all program activities.
- Accountable to deliver both top and bottom-line packaging initiatives that support the overall strategic plans of the business pyramid.
- Participates in the development of short and long-term strategic plans for the assigned business pyramids and/or brands.
- Accountable to lead the planning and execution of our Target Forward (sustainability) goals and commitments for your designated business pyramid.
- Effective internal working collaboration with brand management, product design, brand creative, merchandising and sourcing partners.
- Lead research activities, identify and effectively translate guest needs into new growth opportunities.
- Research, identify and lead innovative, end-to-end cost effective Omni-channel packaging programs that deliver improved guest experience and drive profitable sales.
- Influence, negotiate and collaborate with vendors/suppliers to commercialize products that meet our packaging design and business objectives.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- 4-year college degree in Design, Engineering, or related field and/or a minimum of 12 years of equivalent experience.
- Experience with a successful record of accomplishment of strategic and operational excellence.
- Demonstrates leadership within DE&I (diversity, equity, and inclusion) actions and behaviors with emphasis on team growth and development.
- Proven creative problem solver with ability to drive and manage multiple large-scale packaging design & development programs.
- In-depth knowledge of packaging development processes, including insights, design, development, and manufacturing (global experience preferred).
- High awareness of external landscape, market influences and shifting consumer behavior in retail industry.
- Skilled at driving continuous improvement.
- Ability to interact, negotiate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, collaboration, and teamwork skills.
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.