Description: Job Title: Sr Communications Manager, Business Strategist Classification: ExemptDate Written: September 2022About Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 400,000 team members worldwide, Target is a fast-growing American retailer. With an iconic brand and a pacesetting strategy, we are also known for our distinctive culture that empowers all team members to care, grow and win together. We succeed by taking care of our guests, communities and each other and by delivering on our purpose: to help all families discover the joy of everyday life.
The Enterprise Communications team builds confidence, pride and advocacy for Target, connecting and counseling companywide to move our $100-billion business forward. Using our wide-reaching access and influence, we shape Target's culture and protect and strengthen its reputation, and we help to drive traffic, sales and guest loyalty.
We're looking for bold communicators and relationship-focused pros who think strategically and creatively and are committed to excellent execution and top-quality storytelling for all stakeholders. Comprised of everything from public relations, internal editorial, and experiential and multimedia production, to executive communication and crisis management, Enterprise Communications offers a world-class canvas for communicators to serve Target's millions of stakeholders.Position Overview:
As a Sr Communications Manager, Business Strategist you will:
- Maximize the impact of Communications by translating business and leadership insights into strategic, creative and actionable plans, and driving excellence in execution
- Partner closely with client lead and executive communication leads, as well as business partners, to understand business priorities, key initiatives, enterprise interdependencies and leadership philosophy
- Translate insights into clear, comprehensive and actionable briefs
- Activate Communications partners in line with Communications workflow to compile comprehensive plan
- Oversee execution, managing timing and action and ensuring quality and timeliness of all deliverables
- Understand Communication measurement techniques, tracking and reporting against KPIs
- Partner with agencies to bring outside counsel and expertise to bear on Communications plans and execution. Invest in and maintain relationship for maximum effectiveness
- Contribute to a positive team culture by demonstrating behaviors consistent with Target's values of Inclusivity, Connection and Drive
- Engage directly with key internal and external stakeholders, including agencies.
- Contribute to a reliable, sustainable operating cadence across your team and contribute to Communications and pyramid-wide operating routines.
- Consistently demonstrate behaviors aligned to Target's values of Inclusivity, Connection, and Drive
- Other duties as assigned
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needsAbout You:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years of professional communications experience
- Strong team player, highly effective at collaborating and influencing internal partners, inclusive of senior leadership, and build strong relationships across large, matrixed organization.
- Strong business acumen
- Storytelling mindset
- Highly organized with the ability to independently adapt, prioritize and successfully manage multiple tasks or projects in response to changing, ambiguous or competing priorities
- Ability to work autonomously and manage projects simultaneously, maintaining appropriate prioritization and ensuring adherence to deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functionally, manage scope and resources, develop goals and deadlines, and drive alignment between deliverables and strategic intent
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:
The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $85,400 to $153,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.