Description: About Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
At the heart of one of the world's best loved and most recognizable brands is the Owned Brand Management & Product Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market's needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect on a variety of categories. Here, you will be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.Job Overview
A role with Target Packaging is an opportunity to lead the development of packaging for Target's beloved owned brands, exclusive partnerships and select transit packaging. Your influence will drive sales and grow brand love through packaging that's guest-centric, on brand, competitive "at shelf" and category relevant. Here, you'll leverage internal and external partnerships to execute packaging planning, project management, print development, copy and structural development to achieve brand expression and market differentiation. Your work will prioritize and manage packaging projects, securing the correct resources and creative needs to deliver on time and budget. As part of a global team spanning the U.S., China and India, you'll have partners at sourcing offices overseas, as well as international vendors and suppliers. Best of all, your commitment to diversity and inclusion will come to life every day as you work with multicultural teams to create the best, most sustainable packaging for all our guests.
As a Print Developer
in Packaging, you will: Develop and test brand colors to produce Owned Brand Packaging that is consistent throughout the globe.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages complex categories where product and packaging colors need to match
- Understanding and utilization of technology related to Packaging workflow including but not limited to Kodak Insite, WebCenter, Asset Hub, SharePoint, ColorCert
- Create brand colors for use across all media types to ensure brand identity
- Evaluates product samples to rate packaging performance based on specification for color
- Coordinates with Cross Functional Teams (Packaging, Product Design, Creative, Global Partners) and product vendors/packaging suppliers to maintain and meet all specifications and standards
- Confirms specifications for all production processes
- Follows best methods for quality control from concept through production
- Understands all formats and material for production
- Draws conclusions from relevant data and makes appropriate recommendations
- Research and educate team on innovation and feasibility for print, color, and trims
- Leads team in problem solving and coaching
- Supports and guides team strategies, goals and objectives related to print and trims
- Maintains strong partnerships with key external vendors and cross-functional team
- Works independently and is knowledgeable and accountable for work
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- Understands global print production
- 3-7 years experience in buying or producing print or manufacturing products
- Understands print and manufacturing of 2 and 3D elements
- Ability to critically view color
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks
- Problem solving skills
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.