INTAKE SPECIALIST - FULL TIME
INTAKE SPECIALIST - FULL TIME
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid (MMLA) is seeking a full-time Intake Specialist to join the Minneapolis Intake team. The intake team members are responsible for supporting the intake process for new clients who are attempting to access MMLA’s services by phone or online. The intake team members utilize a person-centered approach to assist clients from all backgrounds and with all English language abilities in accordance with MMLA’s Racial Justice Values Statement. This position will start as soon as possible after an offer is extended.
As an equal opportunity employer, MMLA is committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage candidates of all identities, experiences, and communities to apply. We welcome information about how your experience can contribute to serving our diverse client communities. Applicants are encouraged to share in their cover letter how they can further our goal of equal justice for all. We are committed to a discrimination- and harassment-free workplace.
- Apply the principles of MMLA's Racial Justice Values Statement in all interactions.
- Conduct initial client intakes, including: determining eligibility, interviewing potential client to collect facts in the case, writing a summary of the interview, and entering information into the LegalServer case management database.
- Attend team meetings.
- Answer the main phone line and direct callers to staff.
- Process office files by updating information in an electronic database (currently Legal Server).
- Create and send form letters.
- Greet and assist visitors to the office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with and interest in helping our client community, including people from diverse backgrounds, people who have disabilities, and people experiencing homelessness.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Teams, email, and LegalServer.
- Ability to work as part of a team, multi-task, and work well under pressure.
- Respectful and patient telephone demeanor.
- Self-motivated worker.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Language proficiency, particularly in Arabic, Hmong, Oromo, Somali, or Spanish preferred.
- Experience in legal services preferred.
SALARY: $35,546 to $44,386 annually, depending on experience, plus benefits. Benefits include family medical and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, 403(b) with employer match, FSA, employee assistance programs, and generous paid time off.
APPLICATIONS: Submit resume and cover letter expressing interest in the position online at https://mylegalaid.org/employment by October 12th, 2022, or until position is filled.
If you require a reasonable accommodation for completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in our employee selection process, please contact Micaela Schuneman at email@example.com.
Please direct all other inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.