Description: CR Manager Community Impact Data and Reporting CLASSIFICATION: Exempt DATE: September 2022About Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Are you ready to bring your passion and expertise to Target to help cultivate a powerfully positive local and global presence? For the experienced corporate responsibility pro with a strong and time-tested background in non-profit leadership, a role in CR could be that just-right fit. Join our team where business savvy meets the greater good and you'll soon see-this about so much more than volunteerism. You'll rise to the challenge of maintaining Target's good stewardship of the environment, its resources and its key partnerships with other organizations. As part of CR, the Target Foundation focuses on where to best allocate funds to support various programs and initiatives. Or you might assist with sustainable global sourcing practices, and projects that foster environmental responsibility and ways to minimize our footprint at both the macro and store levels. Whatever your role with CR, you'll help influence how Target leverages its distinctive brand and unparalleled resources to set the bar for responsible, sustainable and charitable business practices.
As a CR Manager, Data and Reporting you will:
- Support the work of Target Corporate Giving and Target Foundation in turning data into insights and impact through collecting and analyzing data related to grant making, volunteerism and community engagement.
- Partner with Sr, Manager Data and Reporting to lead specific data, analytics and reporting projects
- Develop deep familiarity with a myriad of data sources and support continuous efforts to improve data accuracy, quality and controls.
- Identify and implement new data collection processes to meet emerging needs.
- Use best practices to aggregate various giving and volunteerism data sources into total impact reporting, as well as disaggregate data for analysis and reporting by demographic, geographical and impact area categories.
- Oversee improvements to data architecture.
- Manage the creation of monthly/quarterly key performance indicator reports for Community Impact Program and Operations teams.
- Create reports and analysis tailored to a wide variety of audiences including senior management, program owners, marketing and communications and internal and external stakeholders.
- Create and manage processes for intaking, prioritizing and fulfilling new or ad-hoc data and reporting requests.
- Monitor external social impact benchmarks and data sources to inform our work.
- Use data visualization tools to create compelling and clear data insights.
- Develop routines and training that enable the organization to effectively and efficiently use data to make decisions and improve impact.
- Create processes and controls around our data retention and sharing.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Survey ranking and reporting
- Support strategic learning and evaluation work
Other responsibilities as assigned About You:
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience, with five years' experience in philanthropic, non-profit, corporate giving sector or relevant field.
- Experience working with large data sets and using data quality routines
- Strong knowledge of and experience in using philanthropy and volunteerism data to create community impact reports, experience with a larger Foundation or Corporate philanthropic organization helpful but not required.
- Positive, people-oriented, enthusiastic and can easily work with others, regardless of their analytical proficiency or technical competence.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proven ability to take complicated data sets and create digestible messaging for program leaders
- Proven problem solving, critical thinking, analytical and out-side of the box thinking skills - connecting dots and translating ideas into action
- Passion for analytical thinking and finding answers to hard questions with data
- Proven ability to collaborate and engage with external partners (e.g. national and local reporting entities, requests by other business lines)
- Strong analytical, organizational experience and ability to work independently, including the ability to multi-task and manage demands and/or projects simultaneously
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:
The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $65,600 to $118,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.