Description: About us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Tech is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely, and reliably from the inside out.
Target is proud to have a network backbone that is the foundation for the capabilities that our 350k team members use to serve our millions of guests nationwide and our over 2000 global offices, stores, and distribution centers. The Sr. Engineering Manager (SEM) is responsible for managing a team of network engineers and software engineers to enable that backbone and Target's Access Services Edge. Access Services Edge (ASE) enables a portfolio of network components from Edge to the Internet and Target Hybrid Cloud. The portfolio enables secure and reliable connectivity across WAN (Wide Area Network) based on business needs. Some traffic will need to be routed across private WAN and other traffic can be routed directly to the Internet. A combination of network and security policies will be applied to the data in motion to enable traffic shaping, policy-based routing that allows/denies access to appropriate subnets/applications. Through a combination of technologies, the goal of ASE portfolio will be to utilize bandwidth efficiently by providing mechanisms to avoid congestion. Techniques such as traffic scheduling, conserving bandwidth for applications critical to the retail business, policy-based routing, setting appropriate priorities for critical applications and collecting metrics for WAN bandwidth utilization will be some key areas of focus for the ASE portfolio.
Use your skills, experience, and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you will take the lead as you...
Drive product development and operations with lead engineers and drive technical decision making, adhering to Target Platform Architecture and other enterprise decisions. You will have a strong focus on team management and development, equal focus will be on writing production code and hands on active development of the capabilities and solutions. Assist in defining infrastructure needs, manage managing vendor relationships with telcos, and drive driving resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build, deployment, and managing overall software development cycle by adhering to development and security standards. Establish good stakeholder communication and work closely with Product teams and influence set product roadmaps and help drive requirements while being a strong advocate of extreme Agile and DevOps practices across engineering teams. Build and manage a team of high performing Network and Software engineers and provide leadership, coaching, motivation, and recommend staffing levels, operating procedures, tools and systems for the team. Provide career development and performance management to a team of engineers. You will be called upon to be the technical representative for your team during cross-team collaborative efforts and planning. Success in this role will require strong and innovative approaches to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, accountability, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail. Most importantly, the SEM, while working with the Product Managers, drives the product Net Promoter Score (NPS), user satisfaction, building builds the product roadmap and delivering delivers highly functional, exceptionally innovative, and intelligent software and user experience.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs. About you:
- 4-year degree in or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of engineering (software development) experience
- 4+ years of Network Engineering experience with some experience in backbone and WAN
- 1-3 years of managing teams with a strong record of accomplishment of delivery
- Advanced knowledge of MPLS networks, Layer 3 VPN, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, and Quality of Service (QoS)
- Experience with Cisco IOSXR operating system and ASR 9000/9900 router platforms
- Proficiency using Ansible or Python to automate the upgrade and configuration of network devices.
- Broad understanding of optical theory, transport technologies, and the operation of optical transport systems. (Including OTN, DWDM, ROADM).
- Experience supporting large-scale peering/transit networks, with a sound knowledge of complex traffic engineering and Internet routing policies.
- Networking industry experience with strong networking background including experience working with telecommunications vendors
- Understanding of WAN Technologies - MPLS-E, MetroE, Leased Line, Broadband, Direct Internet Access (DIA), 5G, LTE.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Team-orientated, passionate about developing others' skills and capabilities
- Successful record of accomplishment of working in large enterprise technology ecosystems leading complex technology teams
- Deep understanding of agile development processes and methodology including continuous integration and delivery, with a mindset of building incrementally and delivering business value quickly
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
The salary range is $85,400-$153,700.
Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.