Description: About us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop-in stores or on Target.com-we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we're looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in Global Inventory Management means applying your specialized and well-informed point of view to what we buy, from whom, how much and where it needs to go from there. You'll use the right combination of data and expertise to achieve the best possible product availability through proper inventory positioning. You'll also focus on the efficient transportation of product around the world, while ensuring compliance with U.S. Customs regulations and achieving the best possible product availability through proper inventory positioning. You'll not only establish and develop great relationships with our vendors to encourage on-time shipment and delivery to stores and ultimately guests, but you'll also analyze transportation supplier capabilities and contracts for maximum speed, reliability and cost effectiveness. About you
: As a Sr. Inventory Operations Analyst - Network Synchronization & Inventory Health within Inventory Management Operations, you will have the opportunity to take the lead in developing, supporting and evolving company strategies and processes to support the Network Health Framework. Leverage your experience in coordinating and supporting a cross-functional team as you help support throughput and operational efficiencies in the supply chain network. Continue to develop your problem solving skills and supply chain acumen while creating and executing an operating model focused on network storage, inbound/outbound governance, and action routines aligned across GSCL teams. Utilize your data analytics skills to identify inventory health opportunities within the supply chain network. Cultivate strong partnerships to bring your strategies to life and represent Inventory Management across GSCL in cross functional team settings. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Use your skills, experience, and creativity to develop innovative solutions and provide best-in-class support. As a Sr. Inventory Operations Analyst - Network Synchronization & Inventory Health you'll be responsible for:
- Define, develop and implement key metrics and reporting needs centered on Network Inventory Health, storage capacity, and inbound & outbound throughput.
- Execute weekly and monthly routines in support of Network Inventory Health by monitoring network storage capacity and supporting inventory relief tactics as needed, in addition to monitoring and providing Inbound and Outbound throughput support by leveraging a curated playbook to ensure efficient freight flow throughout the supply chain without constraint.
- Establish and proactively execute processes with the goal of preventing logistical challenges prior to their becoming a constraint within the network.
- Partner with key GSCL partners, including Network Planning, Sales & Operation Planning, Core Inventory Management, and Store Operations to manage routines, governance, and strategies while gaining alignment on initiatives that fit within the Network Health Framework.
- Evaluate data and metrics to identify unhealthy inventory, take the proper partners to uncover root cause, and determine best short and long term actions to create relief.
- Continue to scope, define, develop, and implement new levers, tactics, and routines with a curated playbook to support continual learning and improvement to network health across the distribution network.
- Evolve routines and playbooks to incorporate modern IPC processes, levers, and learnings to assure continual support against future state needs.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years Inventory Management or GSCL experience.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently to prioritize and take action. Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to tailor communication to different audiences.
- Strong data analytics skills with a drive to continue to dig until a root cause is identified. Highly accountable and demonstrated ability to lead through others to drive sustainable improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to challenge norms, take smart risks, and quickly learn and adapt from mistakes.
- Strong ability to build partnerships and collaborate across the organization. Prior cross functional leadership or similar experience.
- Flexibility & resiliency; comfortable working in 'grey areas' that are constantly changing.
- Desire to learn new capabilities and enable others to do the same.
- Demonstrated ability to manage tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $65,600 - $118,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.