Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As a Sr Engineer, you'll take the lead as you...
Build applications for Target's Loyalty Platform to enable capabilities to delight and engage guests through Target Circle.
Be part of a team building highly scalable, event driven applications.
Leverage technologies such as Kafka, Docker, Spring Boot, Java, Spark, Storm, and Cassandra.
Understand Target's business and technical environments. Resolve complex business challenges via technical solutions.
Be a significant code contributor, manage overall software development cycle, drive best practices and ensure development of high quality code
Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment with a strong sense of ownership
Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, and development best practices
Ensure all code adheres to platform, development, compliance & security standards
Practitioner of rapid prototyping and Agile, DevOps, CI/CD, test-driven development.
Stay current with new technology and be able to assess viability and applicability to Target's business and technical environments
Be a great team player, mentor team members and help build a team of high caliber software development engineers
• 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of software development experience
• Excellent communication skills with both business partners and other engineering teams
• Familiar with Agile principles and possess a team attitude
• Strong problem solving and debugging skills
• Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements
• Experience engineering applications for the JVM
• Exposure to microservices, cloud development, NoSQL databases, and event driven architecture
• Deep experience writing unit and functional tests and test-driven development
• Experience building CI/CD pipelines
• Kafka and Docker experience
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.