Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
EQUITABLE COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT PROJECT MANAGER
Work Location: Office for Your Day
The health and safety of our employees, members, providers, and our community is our highest priority. Therefore, all new employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting at UCare, subject to limited exceptions such as for a sincerely held religious belief or for medical reasons.
As the Equitable Community Engagement Project Manager, you will be responsible for leading UCare's efforts to ensure more equitable engagement of historically marginalized communities in the design and evolution of the organization's programs, services, policies and procedures. In addition, you will support the design and implementation of innovative strategies to engage those most burdened by health and racial disparities. Serve as a trusted business partner to departments as they develop, implement, and manage policies and procedures to ensure equitable engagement and practices.
• Partner with the Equity and Inclusion team in the development of a coordinated community engagement model approach through facilitation of decision-making processes between the community and the organization to create community informed decision making.
• Collaborate in the design, implementation, and evaluation of innovative strategies to engage those most burdened by health and racial disparities to support the development of UCare's commitment to equitable policies and practices.
• Review, evaluate and prioritize UCare's processes to identify opportunities for member engagement to build programs and services that address their needs and achieve greater equity in outcomes.
• Partner with the Equity and Inclusion Officer to ensure department equity planning and assessment processes focus on the voices of those most burdened by disparities.
• Develop and maintain trusted relationships with the community to engage them in the decision-making processes to help support the development and implementation of programs and policies.
• Partner with the Customer Experience department to support departments in their review and implementation of programs and services for opportunities to utilize equitable outreach and engagement strategies in their pursuit to be more accessible, equitable and useful to members and employees.
• Serve as a bridge for communication gaps and cultural understanding between departments, community members and community-based organizations.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Public Health, African American Studies, Southeast Asian Studies, African Studies, American Indian Studies, Communications, Public Administration, Public Relations, Urban studies, or a closely related field; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
1. At least five years of related experience in community engagement work with historically marginalized communities related to health and/or racial equity.
2. At least two years' experience leading the design, implementation, and evaluation of multi-level equity and anti-racism strategies and programs to improve business and health outcomes.
3. At least two years' experience managing diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism projects and analyzing their impact on health outcomes in marginalized communities.
4. Strong project management experience, understanding of project management concepts and methodologies.
5. Strong communication skills (written and oral) to build consensus amongst various stakeholders with different viewpoints to co-create initiatives designed on advancing equity and anti-racism.
Experience in the development of policies, programs, and long-standing institutional practices designed to advance equity. Experience navigating and negotiating organizational change in large, complex organizations.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 10/21/2022