Description: About us
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target's Owned Brands are key to the company's success in helping all families discover the joy of everyday life. The Owned Brands UX team is dedicated to creating and maintaining the internal systems that drive collaboration between internal and external partners, empowering them to create products for the brands our guests love. About the job
As a Senior Product Designer on the Owned Brands team, you will join a community of kind and highly skilled UX designers, content designers, service designers, accessibility experts and UX researchers. You'll benefit from robust onboarding, and personal and career development opportunities. In your day to day, you will partner closely with product, process, and engineering partners to develop new and emerging applications. You'll craft UX strategy, drive and facilitate product discovery through testing and research, sketch concepts, define interaction and visual design with the support of our design system, and build prototypes. You'll balance innovation with thoughtful iteration to drive great outcomes for our Team Members, our guests and our business.
You thrive at the intersection of design craft and strategy. You're a curious person who falls in love with problems and enjoys iterating toward a solution. You're passionate about making an impact on our business through human-centered design. You're not afraid to go find the answers yourself and you present work clearly and effectively to educate others and gain support. You value design that is effective, clear, and accessible. As a Senior Product Designer, you'll...
- Own the full design process, from early discovery and testing to asset delivery and consulting with engineers
- Actively collaborate with other designers and cross-functional partners
- Conduct and participate in user research with direct access to internal users
- Become a subject matter expert in your area
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative data to inform and advocate for your direction
- Design flows that are intuitive, elegant, and provide value for our Team Members and external partners in their everyday work
- Conduct prototype and validation testing through remote sessions
- Deliver production-ready designs and documentation and consult with engineers to see designs through to implementation
- Utilize and contribute to our enterprise design system
- 4+ years' experience in UX research, information architecture, interface design, and interaction design.
- Experience designing responsive web applications
- Experience conducting user interviews and usability testing remotely
- Have expert skills in design and prototyping tools (includes Figma or equivalent)
- Work well independently while being an exceptional collaborator and influencer
- Able to successfully lead projects and initiatives involving multiple cross-functional teams
- Able to gracefully articulate and defend design decisions to peers, partners, and leaders; a storyteller
In the interview process, you'll be asked to present a portfolio with three case studies that showcase your design process from beginning to end, giving examples of the various skills described in this job posting.
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:
The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $81,400 - $146,500. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.