Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
FINANCIAL ANALYST - ANALYTICS & REPORTING
Work Location: Work from Home
This position is responsible for workstream activities in support of Health Care Economics analytics for all UCare lines of business. Workstream activities include data generation, integration, compilation, and production of reporting related to the annual revenue and medical expense budget, interim financial projections, ORSA risk modeling, and regulatory financial reporting.
• Work with Principal Financial Analysts to develop expertise in the utilization of UCare's Business Intelligence tools, including Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft SQL Management Studio, and other reporting software solutions.
• Work closely with Health Care Economics Principal Financial Analysts to coordinate timely and accurate reporting, as well as corresponding variance analysis for communication to Leadership.
• Support the production of the monthly budget to actual restatement report to identify revenue, medical costs, or utilization variances requiring additional detailed analysis.
• Assist in the data development for the annual revenue and health care cost budget projections. Maintain and update budget models for various scenario modeling as necessary.
• Aid in data compilation and population of the regulatory reporting including the DHS Financials and other regulatory reporting.
• Develop and maintain documentation for all standard reporting processes.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
BS/BA with an emphasis in Business, Finance, or other related areas of study; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Intermediate to advanced skills using Excel required.
Experience using SQL, SAS, and/or Business Objects.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 10/26/2022