Description: Lead Growth Manager
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers.
On pace with one of the world's best-loved and most recognized retail brands, Target's Insights, Strategy & Growth team is focused on the fueling both present, and the future. We are at the center of developing and enabling how Target evolves to meet the changing needs of our guests while winning a competitive global retail marketplace. Do you love the idea of helping to shape Target's long-term strategy development? Are you a champion for rigor and process to ensure successful strategic planning? Can you bring your energy and ideas to the table in order to build momentum to drive new growth? Then bring your talent to the game and join us in bringing to life a portfolio of initiatives designed to move Target forward.
A role within Enterprise Growth Initiatives
means helping Target build beyond the core and create future focus for the organization. You will be part of a team of hybrid thinkers, actively leveraging each other's skills and knowledge, with a bias to deliver timely business impact. From exploration to activation, you will accelerate and prove new concepts that differentiate the guest experience and generate new revenue streams. Whether exploring new business models designed to meet guest needs, engaging with start-ups with an aim on testing and accelerating their products or commercializing and integrating new growth back into the organization...you will ensure success by rapidly applying your expertise and fostering an entrepreneurial culture while leveraging the benefit of a large organization's knowledge and resources.
As a Lead Growth Manager,
you will work strategically and collaboratively to identify, evaluate, and incubate new growth opportunities for Target. This could include (but is not limited to):
- Collaboratively develop new concepts by: identifying key consumer problems or unmet needs (in partnership with research); synthesizing insights and ideating into a potential solution; identifying critical hypotheses and riskiest assumptions; designing prototypes to experiment at increasing levels of fidelity; leveraging learnings to build business case and plan forward
- Scope and drive key work streams or full projects through structured cadence of milestones
- Build learning plan with key performance indicators and metrics; define, execute, and iterate on in-market experiments to generate proof/disproof, leverage qualitative and quantitative data from experiments to assess desirability, feasibility, and viability of opportunity
- Contribute deep functional expertise in one or more areas (e.g., design, strategy, product management, financial analysis / investment banking); actively teach skills to broader project team
- Motivate and manage teams, internal CFT partners, and/or external partners to achieve stated goals (e.g., developing prototype, running experiments)
- Synthesize learnings into clear, concise business cases (with financials) for C-suite, board level presentations, and executive briefings
- Collaborate cross-functionally across the enterprise and effectively influence without authority to drive business decisions
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs. About You:
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- A minimum of 6+ years practical experience, including corporate innovation or agency with experiment-driven/entrepreneurial environment helping launch new products, services, experiences or businesses
- Respects, appreciates and is curious about differences related to working with others; committed to developing an inclusive team
- Strong problem solving skills. Thinks strategically with an ability to execute.
- Excellent communication, active listening, critical thinking, and presentation skills, with experience presenting to executive leadership
- Humble, curious, roll-up-your sleeves self-starter and jack of all trades with the ability to imagine boldly, communicate effectively, think critically, get scrappy, be entrepreneurial and navigate ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to read people and connect to multiple audiences; collaborative nature and ability to build long-term partnerships
- Thrives in creating structure in ambiguous situations; innate curiosity and desire to learn with a strong inclination to drive for results in unclear spaces
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.