Smith Schafer is currently seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to join our team to help deliver high-quality services to our clients.
Smith Schafer is an award-winning CPA firm located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. We are an established, growing, full-service CPA firm that provides the highest level of professional accounting services to our clients. As an award-winning CPA firm, we have been featured on Forbes Top Tax Firm list and awarded the Top 175 Workplaces in Minnesota by the Star Tribune. Our forward-thinking and flexible culture will allow you to learn and grow your career.
The successful candidate in this position will provide support to the Office Manager by performing various administrative functions.
- Organizes a high volume of tax forms, while maintaining order of documents with a high level of quality.
- Performs receptionist duties such as answering and transferring phone calls.
- Assists with maintaining office supplies.
- Works efficiently and is flexible to changes in schedule and works hours during “busy season”.
- Handles sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Works in a team environment with Principals, managers, and staff.
- Completes various other assigned administrative duties.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two or more years of administrative experience.
- Experience with office machines including but not limited to facsimile, high-speed copier/printer/scanner and multi-line phone.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of organization, focus, and strong follow-up skills.
- Has exceptional attention to detail.
- Can resolve and overcome obstacles.
- Superior proofreading skills.
- Customer-service oriented, shown by the following attributes: proactive, observant, knowledgeable and reliable.
Prior work experience in a public accounting firm.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, stand or sit for extended periods of time, as well as type/enter data at a keyboard regularly