Maintenance Technician II
- Employment Status
- Full Time
CommonBond invites qualified applicants to apply for a full-time Maintenance Technician II for our property Galway Place and Pine Point located in Coon Rapids, MN. The primary responsibility of the Maintenance Technician II is to ensure the timely completion of all assigned maintenance duties and other tasks. Duties include performing repairs, preparing units, and completing preventative maintenance.
Why CommonBond Communities?:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- Employee referral program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- Ongoing training and professional development
- A chance to make the difference in the community!
- Ensures timely completion of all assigned work orders.
- Completes basic building repairs related to air conditioner units, air exchange systems, electrical work, carpentry, fixtures, plumbing, appliances, and windows.
- Completes preventative maintenance, grounds maintenance, basic housekeeping tasks, and general upkeep.
- Assists in prioritizing work orders and monitoring maintenance of buildings and equipment.
- Prepares vacant units as assigned.
- Responsible for on-call emergency maintenance service as scheduled.
- Interacts with residents, vendors, and fellow employees in a respectful and professional manner, treating others with dignity and empathy.
- Works with management to ensure all activities are conducted in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Clear, concise communication with the property manager and regional maintenance supervisor on the work schedule for assigned sites, purchases, work order and unit turnover status, on-call work, and preventative maintenance.
- Follows all CommonBond safety policies and local, state, and federal regulations.
- Inspects equipment before each use; uses personal protective equipment when necessary.
Performs other projects as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 2-year Technical Degree or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 1-year maintenance/trades experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally
- Good interpersonal skills
- Special Boiler License or ability to obtain
- Valid driver’s license
- Must provide own hand tools
- Basic computer skills including the ability to send and receive emails, enter hours worked on an internet-based system, and access/perform data entry in Microsoft Office products
- Access to reliable transportation
- Must be able to work on-call, weekends and the first and last day of each month; must be available for overtime as is needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience or training in building maintenance such as appliance repair, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and preventative maintenance
- Willingness to learn and assist above and beyond as part of “the team”
- Ability to self-direct
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to stand, walk, reach, climb, bend and kneel
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to reach above and below the shoulders
- Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist and pull
- Withstand external weather conditions such as working outside in the rain, cold, heat, or other adverse weather