Description: Job Title: Lead Corporate Security Preparedness ConsultantClassification: ExemptDate: November 2022About Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
To match the signature style and passion of Target's distinctive retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of experts. Whether specializing in law, government affairs, employee relations, risk, compliance, ethics, security or food safety, we use our expertise and influence to advocate for Target, support Target's business and mitigate risk for the company. We work with both internal and external entities on key issues that affect Target's ability to productively, ethically and securely conduct business. Through our understanding of Target's business models and operations, we help facilitate Target's growth, and provide guidance that leaders rely on to make appropriate, well-informed decisions. Simultaneously, we help protect the business by applying our comprehensive understanding of risk and the law on issues that impact our brand, guests, team members, stores, distribution centers and corporate locations.
Here, you'll enjoy working autonomously with a healthy work-life balance. Your passion for learning the business, collaborating with others and building relationships with senior leaders and key business partners that you support will be essential to tackling the ever-changing legal and risk-based challenges we face in a dynamic and fast-paced retail environment.
A role within Corporate Security
means working with a team dedicated to protecting the Target team, guests, property, and brand. You will use our comprehensive understanding and management of evolving security risks to protect our Target community throughout the world. You may support Target's Crisis and Threat Management, Preparedness and Continuity, Forensics, Intelligence, Physical Security and Safety, Executive Services, or Operations teams.
The primary focus of this position in Corporate Security is to continually develop and execute Target's Preparedness Program. By providing strategic development and execution of an enterprise-wide preparedness strategy (prepare, respond, recover, improve), you'll use your skills and experience to ensure Target has an effective level of preparedness against the existing and future risk landscapes. You'll accomplish this by providing leadership to Target's crisis response Green Team, and by building relationships across the organization to help identify the most meaningful preparedness opportunities. Your success will be determined by your ability to maintain a strong understanding of Target's operations and capabilities, and in continually identifying preparedness opportunities and establishing effective plans to mitigate for any gaps. This role will also serve in an on-call, incident leader rotation.
- Develop and maintain an expertise in Target's crisis response elements and processes.
- Conduct Organizational Readiness Exercises (OREs) in support of the most critical physical security and natural disaster risks facing Target.
- Lead After Action Report (AAR) activities including meeting facilitation, report dissemination and findings accountability.
- Identify key business resiliency opportunities and work with internal partners to take action to reduce resiliency risk through planning and investments.
- Directly support business continuity planning and exercising activities.
- Enhance Green Team capabilities through training, exercises and education.
- Develop, maintain and oversee crisis management documentation including the Crisis Response Plan, Crisis Action Team (CAT) plans, and Corporate Command Center protocols.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with multiple business partners, internal and external in support of crisis preparedness and response.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the Corporate Command Center's crisis management operations
- Serve on the on-call rotation for HQ Incident Leader (HQIL).
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.About you:
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Bachelor's degree and/or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 5+years of relevant work experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to resolve conflict, build consensus, and collaborate effectively across the enterprise
- A flexible mindset willing to adopt consistent changes in process and strategic approach
- Self-starter who can prioritize and bring new concepts and ideas to life
- Strong ability to facilitate large group meetings and deliver positive outcomes
- Excellent planning, organizational, negotiation and client service skills
- Strong bias for action, adapting and driving change
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Ability to work in fast paced and changing environments
- Education or training in Emergency Management, Business Continuity, Security Management or related fields
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.