Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services—because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.” Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.
Why CommonBond Communities?:
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- A chance to make a difference in the community!
- Ongoing training and professional development
CommonBond Communities invites qualified applicants to apply for the Leasing Specialist position at our Seward West in Minneapolis, MN. The primary responsibility is to keep the apartment community at the highest possible occupancy and all administrative duties with respect to both management office and the apartment community.
- Prepares all resident files to include all preparatory paperwork.
- Prepares completed move-in packets and maintains a supply of all pertinent materials.
- Assists with move-in and move-out procedures including unit inspections.
- Follows through with lease renewal including typing of pertinent forms.
- Prepares all move-out material for property manager.
- Assists in the collection and posting of rent.
- Makes appointments, shows apartments, takes and verifies applications.
- Answers incoming calls.
- Greets visitors.
- Assists applicants with the application process by explaining all applicable forms. Ensures applications are accurate and complete.
- Conducts credit and criminal background checks for applicants. Notifies rejected applicants immediately in writing.
- Mails landlord verifications. Mails follow-up requests.
- Submits completed applications to property manager for approval.
- Contacts and offers units to applicants on the approved waiting list.
- Notifies approved applicants in writing of their position on the waiting list.
- Shops comparable projects in the marketplace monthly.
- Reviews property and competitor advertising to ensure the effectiveness of current ads.
- Drafts advertisements for supervisor’s approval.
- Analyzes traffic sources and trends to make sure that the property is advertising in the best possible sources.
- Develops community contacts to maximize the general awareness of the housing community and its advantages.
- Updates all applicable referral agencies.
- Follows up on all prospective residents in a timely manner.
- Updates vacancy/rental board daily.
- Prepares market survey report monthly.
- Informs management of common areas in need of cleaning or repair.
- Inspects daily curb-appeal to include pristine condition of model apartment and guest suites.
- Aids in keeping management office and lobby areas neat and clean at all times. Takes reservations for community facilities and keeps staff abreast of specific setups.
- Keeps resident list up-to-date.
- Handles resident relations in a proper manner.
- Works closely with resident services staff to meet resident needs individually and as a group.
- Coordinates resident functions.
- Inspects vacancies before move-in.
- Schedules and conducts orientation for all new move-ins with the advantage service coordinator.
- Updates turnover information on a daily basis to include gathering of move-out and move-in times.
- Works on the last day of the month and the first of the following month.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Post secondary coursework in property management, business or real estate or equivalent experience preferred.
- Knowledge of government subsidy programs.
- Minimum one-year leasing/office experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency and accuracy with numbers.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- One year leasing experience.
- Work overtime when necessary.
- Office hours may vary due to the specific needs of the property as determined by the property manager or regional manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Post high school education preferred.
- Good communication skills.
- Exceptional sales skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Proficient in YARDI and EZ Labor.
- Typing skills.
- Self-motivated and work with minimal supervision.
- Proficient office skills to include organizational abilities.
- Exemplary time management skills.
- Knowledge of fair housing and applicable compliance regulations.
- Willingness to learn.
- Willingness to assist above and beyond as part of “the team.”
- Ability to lift 20lbs.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods.
- Ability to type using a computer.
- Ability to open and close file drawers.
- Ability to reach above waist and shoulders.
- Ability to bend at the waist, kneel or stoop.
- Ability to walk and climb stairs.
- Ability to work in different external weather conditions.
- Smoke free environment.
- Moderate noise level.