House Research Department is hiring one temporary, full-time legislative assistant for the 2023 legislative session for work on-site. Job duties include:
- providing high-quality administrative and support services
- assisting with technical production of bill drafts, amendments, and bill summaries
- answering phones and helping walk-in clients
The ideal candidate will:
- be proficient with Microsoft Word and familiar with the Office Suite
- be able to learn new software quickly
- have excellent proofing skills and attention to detail
- work well independently and as part of a team
- be organized, responsible, and able to meet deadlines
Who we are: House Research is a nonpartisan research and legal services office, serving the entire Minnesota House of Representatives. Our staff assist House members and committees develop policy ideas and legislation.
Why work for House Research: We provide an interesting behind-the-scenes look at the lawmaking process in nonpartisan environment. We offer flexibility in scheduling and a collegial work environment. This position will begin in January and end in mid-May, and can be up to full-time hours. Entry salary is $19.24 per hour, up to 40 hours a week.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume by the end of the business day, November 30, 2022, to:
(Important: Please include the words “Legislative Assistant” in the subject line of the email)
U.S. Mail: Editor/Publications Manager
House Research Department
155 State Office Building
St. Paul, MN 55155
Please do not send duplicate applications.